Question

Security type

• 16 May 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

What security does the home router use i.e WPA3/WPA2, etc.?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It supports WPA/WPA2/WPA3 

I am unable to connect to security cams and ring doorbell.  Some issue with WPA3 only.  How do I switch to WPA2?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

INSTRUCTIONS

You can have several Wi-Fi networks on the gateway.  You want to leave the default network alone (2.4 & 5 GHz; WPA2/WPA3 security) and add a second, dedicated 2.4 GHz network.  This second network is for devices that cannot connect to the default network.

Add the second network with the + sign at the bottom of the Network tab in the T-Mobile Internet app on your phone.  For this new network, set the band to 2.4 GHz and set the WPA version to WPA/WPA2.  Try connecting your device to this second network.  Use the default network for your other devices, as much as possible.  Note that WPA/WPA2 (on the second network) is less secure, so I recommend setting this network to be Hidden.

Here are the T-Mobile support instructions for how to add the second network with the app.

Android  How to create additional Wi-Fi networks | T-Mobile Internet app | Android | T-Mobile Support

iOS  How to create additional Wi-Fi networks | T-Mobile Internet app | iOS | T-Mobile Support

Main instructions

Help Center | APP Android | T-Mobile Support

Help Center | APP iOS | T-Mobile Support