Question

Slow speed in the evenings.

• 14 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Speed slows down in the evening. At 5am speed is good (250ish) slows during the day, but still good. Then around 5pm is gets real bad (5 to 10) at times can not stream at all. Around 9pm gets better, this has gotten real bad the last 10 days or so. I assume it's a usage issue, need more servers or access equipment. With influx of new Customers they need more equipment to keep up with demand.... need to resolve now. Thanks

2 replies

I have been running into similar issues. I contacted customer support - they had me run a bunch of tests - all results came out good at the time of the test 😉. They did suggest they will notify the cell engg team to check for any other issues, In my area, the cell tower is very close to my home - however the signal strength kept dropping randomly. If you have the Arcadyan KVD21 gateway you could check this URL to see the signal strength via the browser - http://192.168.12.1/TMI/v1/gateway?get=signal The other option is to use the mobile app → More → Advanced Cellular Metrics 

Hope this helps. 

I have the same issue. Can not watch anything without it constantly buffering. It is actually one of the main reasons I left Verizon, and to find the same issue with t-mobile sucks. Thinking about canceling. Daytime is fine. I've reset but then I have issues with the tvs getting wifi. Will say connected but no internet.  I have had to do factory resets on 2 tvs, multiple times because I reset the router. 5 hours wasted in 1 week trying to fix repeated issues. 😪😪

Calling customer service is a waste. Walk you through the same things you already tried.