Solved

Some sites not working

• 24 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

We’ve had T-Mobile home internet for a week now with the 4G/5G device. Overall it’s been very good once we found the best place in our home for the modem. One issue that is consistent is some web sites simply don’t function on this service. I haven’t canceled my cable service yet so when I simply switch over to that WIFI these sites work perfectly.

Spotify.com - the web player page simply will not load.

Facebook.com - The profile will load fine but the notifications will not load.

The above are constant, as in never work, but once I switch over to cable they’re just fine.

ESPN.com - the scores pages and top bar rarely work, but do once in a while.
photos.google.com - Again, on occasion the page does work, but more often than not it doesn’t.

In both of the above cases they work fine through my cable internet.

Also, the same issues are present on my computer (laptop running Ubuntu), Galaxy Note 10+, and Galaxy Tab S7. And all issues disappear on cable internet on all devices so this is clearly a T-Mobile issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I so desperately want to tell Cox to pound sand, they’re a garbage company IMO, but I need my internet service to work, you know, on the internet! :D

icon

Best answer by DDT1345 25 April 2021, 00:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

When you get to a website that doesn’t work, try using a private browser window. In Edge it’s called “InPrivate” in Chrome “Incognito”. If the sites work in those windows, then clear your cache and they should work. I was having similar strange behavior and clearing the browser’s cache fixed it.

Kevin

Badge

Thank you!

When you get to a website that doesn’t work, try using a private browser window. In Edge it’s called “InPrivate” in Chrome “Incognito”. If the sites work in those windows, then clear your cache and they should work. I was having similar strange behavior and clearing the browser’s cache fixed it.

Kevin

this is a awful fix. you shouldnt have to go into a private browser to make a website work This issue only happens on pc it works on all my other devices but the website for both Spotify and Pandora do not work nor do the windows 10 apps of these . but if  use my phones hotspot they load immediately this is a home internet issue . I nevr had this issue on the white box

Badge

Kevin

this is a awful fix. you shouldnt have to go into a private browser to make a website work This issue only happens on pc it works on all my other devices but the website for both Spotify and Pandora do not work nor do the windows 10 apps of these . but if  use my phones hotspot they load immediately this is a home internet issue . I nevr had this issue on the white box

I cleared my cache and cookie and things appeared to be working for a short time, though Spotify never worked. After that things have actually gotten worse, I cannot even log into my Google account anymore while on TMO’s internet. This is NOT an issue with my computer as everything works when I log into my cable WIFI.

Badge

Final got this issue resolved! I messaged T-Mobile on Twitter at @TMobileHelp and after answering a few questions they sent an update to my modem/router and everything is as it should be finally! If you’re having similar issues contact T-Mobile as it appears to be a bug and not something you can fix on your own.