Spam messages on tiny gateway display

• 17 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

My T-mobile gateway is displaying a spam message “verifying” my payment of $610 for something or other.  It was kind of surprising to see this message in the little round display at the top of the gateway.  Does it have a SIM inside and a telephone number that can receive text messages like a cell phone?

3 replies

Gateway was dropping out every couple of hours. I checked the display and saw 256 spam messages. I don't know if this is causing the problems but deleting them one at a time is a real pain. I haven't had problems until recently but I don't know when the spam started. Gateway way is located in a spot that isn't convenient to read display.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

It comes with a preinstalled SIM card, but it’s not designed to get calls on it like a cell phone.

Badge

I too noticed over 50 spam messages on my internet gateway.  Is there something we can do to block and erase them? I’m not able to delete from the gateway manager app; only on the device which is slow. I’d like to be able to forward these to TMO Spam text alerts as well. #Sandoval #Freier