Question

spamtext messages are displaying on my modem. how do i stop this?

• 2 July 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

Why are text messages showing up on my wifi gateway? They are not for me. 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey CandlNobody wants to get bombarded with a ton of messages, especially ones that aren’t even for you. The Home Internet lines do have a phone number just like cell phones and tables, so it is possible to send messages to the gateways. We do have the steps to delete the messages depending on your device on our support site. There is also a messaging blocking feature that can be added to the home internet line that will prevent messages coming to you at all. You can manage those add ons through my.T-Mobile.com or by contacting us through the messaging feature, calling, or Facebook or Twitter. 

Hey CandlNobody wants to get bombarded with a ton of messages, especially ones that aren’t even for you. The Home Internet lines do have a phone number just like cell phones and tables, so it is possible to send messages to the gateways. We do have the steps to delete the messages depending on your device on our support site. There is also a messaging blocking feature that can be added to the home internet line that will prevent messages coming to you at all. You can manage those add ons through my.T-Mobile.com or by contacting us through the messaging feature, calling, or Facebook or Twitter. 

Wont this block the messages from T-Mobile about billing and stuff?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Nope, the blocking feature will not prevent messages from T-Mobile! We are able to make sure that the messages you should be getting from us still come through, but all the other stuff is stopped in its tracks. 

I searched my web account and the app.  I called customer support and we couldn’t figure out how to block messages to the gateway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I searched my web account and the app.  I called customer support and we couldn’t figure out how to block messages to the gateway.

Message Blocking | T-Mobile Support This support page has a button that takes you to a login page and then directly to the spot where you can add the block. The primary account holder line has to be the one to log in, so if you are not using that line to log in, you might not see all the options you need. If you call in and want to give the expert some help with finding the right thing, you can tell them to add this feature code to your Home Internet line: MBBBMSGS. This is an internal code, so this is a little bit of jargon that may make your phone call a little easier. 

Went to Block calls and messages.  Selected Gateway phone number.

This is the message on that page:

This line does not include these settings.

I’ll call customer service again with that feature code

Message Blocking | T-Mobile Support This support page has a button that takes you to a login page and then directly to the spot where you can add the block. The primary account holder line has to be the one to log in, so if you are not using that line to log in, you might not see all the options you need. If you call in and want to give the expert some help with finding the right thing, you can tell them to add this feature code to your Home Internet line: MBBBMSGS. This is an internal code, so this is a little bit of jargon that may make your phone call a little easier. 

Called customer support and told them to add feature code.  I’m still receiving random text messages.  The last one being about tickets for whale watching. 

Called tech support again, they transferred me to another department which changed the Gateway’s phone number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Weird that the message blocker didn’t work, but hopefully the new number will get less random text messages. If that does not fix it, I recommend you have customer support file a ticket for the feature not working as intended. There may be a deeper bug in the system that needs to be fixed.