Solved

speeds

• 7 November 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just got my Tmobile home internet 3 days ago. my friends across town same distance from the tower than me get 80Mbps + I am currently getting 0.13MBPs up and 0.53 Down .. . I have already called tech support they had me run several tests and resets and my speed got worse how in the hell are you going to advertise 50MBPs plus and not even provide 1% of that in the first week!? I have 4 bars of signal and I cant even get 1 MBPs?! If this isnt fixed immediately I will be fighting for a 100% refund including my rushed shipping we are stuck on Hugesnet and have no other options so this seemed like a dream come true. . .nope more false advertising from another company promising rural internet just a bust if you dont live in or near a big city you just get the shaft

icon

Best answer by 007BondMI6 7 November 2021, 05:45

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Relax what you need to post if anyone is to help you is your readings. Both primary and secondary bands and signal details. 

RSRP?

SNR?

RSRQ?

RSSI?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 1
Badge

No idea what my primary or secondary bands are the only info I have is what is on the mobile app it only gives me LTE information which I am no tech support guy and nor should I have to be for a product that is brand new to work functionally there are no obstructions between my home and the tower I have no clue what any of this means my point is I shouldnt have to know any of this all I should know is a company accepts my money and they in turn give me a working product the speeds today after several resets of the device were .15Mbps up and .05 down and that is just ridiculous on a brand new device that just came in the mail on Friday 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Phone app is a bit limited go to 192.168.12.1 on your computer web browser.

First page expand Primary and secondary internet connection signal all that info is needed screen shot ok too.

Then on the left click Status and again expand Primary and secondary cellular network again all that data or screenshot.

This is not really a take out of box plug in and put it anywhere and it works for everyone. Example does your cell phone work the same in every spot/everywhere? No it does not some spots are better some are worse some are terrible. So like any radio device you have to find a good spot. I may take you some work to find the right spot if that’s not your game maybe this is not for you. I am just trying to help you so you can find a good spot and then you get good speeds. I now get at least 650 down most of the time 150 up I pay 1/3 of the price I paid Comcast I also have not data cap. As I said in another post last month I did some moving of pictures to cloud storage used over 2TB of data if I was with Comcast that would have put me over my data cap and cost me an additional $200. So for me it was worth investing some time to find out what I needed to know to get it working well.

But yes this is not like say cable that has yes a cable so it works (well most of the time with Comcast)  it uses a wireless signal and you have to find a good spot to receive that signal.

Again think of it like your cell phone it does not work perfect in every single spot everywhere.

I am just trying to help you out if that’s what you are interested in.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am very interested I the help I have moved it around my house which is all brick construction Nd have found the highest signaled spot which is in a window my issue is I am at work and wont be back to mess with anything until tomorrow night and when I left for work at 3 in the morning my speeds were 32Mbps down and 24 up. . .so something else seems to be going on at any decent hour my speeds are well under 1 Mbps for both download and upload speeds when I am home and able to mess with things I will post again

Userlevel 1

There is a way you can monitor your connection if you have some computer skills.  
Google geerlingguy internet-pi

There is a cheap little computer called a raspberry pi  It is a credit card sized computer that runs a version of Linux.  Jeff Geerling created a software package that monitors your connection and runs Speedtest periodically.  The data is dumped into a database.  A web page on the Pi let’s you see how the connection is doing over time.  Jeff was using this with Starlink but it works here.

On my gateway things look great in the middle of the night and not good at all during the day  

Dennis 

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

https://github.com/geerlingguy/internet-pi

Userlevel 1
Badge

I've had TMobile home internet and I've learned that it is only usable between midnight and 8 am. Download speed this evening is 0.12 mbps. I do not intend to spend another hour on the phone with their so called tech service. I agree with you. I'm paying for them to deliver service. If they want me to be a beta tester, then give me free service. Spectrum cable just lowered their internet service to $49.95 month and I'll be going there before the next Tmob billing cycle

I had same problem with speed declining significantly at night in rural area.  Good in the morning till about 5pm when it drops to 2 mpbs. After several months with tect support and two trouble tickets. The second  trouble ticket said the tower had too many customers on it at night and was over subscribed.  So I returned the gateway and got my money back after three months for paying $50/month for a tower did not have capacity for the customers on it.

T-Mobile 5g is fine (50+Mbps on their tower sometimes - BUT, when my T-Mobile mifi roams and connects to a AT&T tower, the data speed is throttled down to .05 Mbps although their are 4 bars ! After checking the signal, there is no noise in the data transmission. Also, check speed on an AT&T mifi from same tower was 50+Mbps. 

I have a T-Mobile 100gb data account.  

SO what do you suggest how to fix this throttle issue before I change carriers again!!!