Question

streaming blocked on T-Mobile 5g wifi

• 28 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

For some reason Disney+, Netflix, and a couple other streaming sites can't be used when I'm connected to TMobile. If I connect back to my cable ISP they work perfectly. I contacted support and they didn't know anything and wanted me to contact every channel that wasn't working. Does anyone have any suggestions before I drop it? 

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

One community member reported the same issue and the root cause was that his internet service was setup as a business internet service which by default disables streaming video. The solution was to enable streaming by contacting TMobile.

If you are on a home internet account, then add more details as to what device you are using for streaming and if you can also check from your mobile phone on the wifi for the same issue.

I have the same issue but only with my phone. Our TV (Roku) and Fire Stick work fine but with my phone it get the error that I have Disney+ to only stream over WiFi and I'm connected to a data network. BUT I'M ON WIFI. If I turn my phone data off and then turn data streaming on it works. But I don't get text messages if my phone data is off for some reason with mint mobile.

I am having the EXACT problem, EXCEPT nobody can fix it! I have talked to many different people, for a total of more than 3 hours, and nobody can unblock this. I cannot watch ANY streaming apps on my Apple TV or iPhone. I am still within the trial period and I will most likely cancel my service! As a business customer, this is really outrageous waste of my time.

One community member reported the same issue and the root cause was that his internet service was setup as a business internet service which by default disables streaming video. The solution was to enable streaming by contacting TMobile.

If you are on a home internet account, then add more details as to what device you are using for streaming and if you can also check from your mobile phone on the wifi for the same issue.

This is the problem I am having, and nobody can fix it! Why? Spent over 3 hours on it and with a business account I cannot watch ANY streaming. What a waste!

This is the worst internet and cell service I have ever had. I even went into T-Mobile store to have them see why I constantly couldn't make calls or texts. It would say I had no network service. They couldn't figure it out. I was a fool and let them talk me into there 5g phone. The service was even worse. At least with my LTE I could use my hotspot and even stream movies thru it. With 5g my hotspot I either can't get on or it's so slow the only thing I can do on it is buffer. So I got even more dum and got the 5g Internet. What a joke!!! I spend most of my time turning it off and on hoping it would reset and maybe I would get to watch a movie. The download speed is so low (1Mpbs) that you can't even use there free channel (Paramount plus) that came with my mobile service much less Netflix, Hulu, Prime or Disney. I am so mad at T -Mobile and sick of their lies and unfulfilled promises. Especially when I am stuck paying for a phone that I never needed or wanted. So you are not the only one that they have made false promises to. Don't do what I did and let them talk you into a new device because it doesn't matter what device you try to use with this service because your problems have nothing to do with the device. It is T-mobile's network and service. It is awful. I honestly believe the only good recommendations they get are from people they have paid to do good reviews on their company.

I’m only having issues with live streaming. Hulu, Netflix, Disney+, Fubo all work, except for the live portion. Hulu you need to contact directly and they will put an override on the IP address. 
however, I also have a warranty replacement being sent due to chronic dropping of signal, as if the gateway keeps resetting. 

This is the worst internet and cell service I have ever had. I even went into T-Mobile store to have them see why I constantly couldn't make calls or texts. It would say I had no network service. They couldn't figure it out. I was a fool and let them talk me into there 5g phone. The service was even worse. At least with my LTE I could use my hotspot and even stream movies thru it. With 5g my hotspot I either can't get on or it's so slow the only thing I can do on it is buffer. So I got even more dum and got the 5g Internet. What a joke!!! I spend most of my time turning it off and on hoping it would reset and maybe I would get to watch a movie. The download speed is so low (1Mpbs) that you can't even use there free channel (Paramount plus) that came with my mobile service much less Netflix, Hulu, Prime or Disney. I am so mad at T -Mobile and sick of their lies and unfulfilled promises. Especially when I am stuck paying for a phone that I never needed or wanted. So you are not the only one that they have made false promises to. Don't do what I did and let them talk you into a new device because it doesn't matter what device you try to use with this service because your problems have nothing to do with the device. It is T-mobile's network and service. It is awful. I honestly believe the only good recommendations they get are from people they have paid to do good reviews on their company.

TOTALLY agree with this, but its not just streaming services, its my entire phone, Like not even games that “require” internet wont work (ex. Battle Cats, CR:K), and its also just regular 3rd party apps (ex. Discord, Teams, Outlook), but sometimes certain apps work like Apple Music/Podcasts and other apple apps, like rn as im typing all of this, im using my phones hotspot, and the only thing thats working in the t-mobile website, so obviously somethings happening but its unknown atm.

I have finally decided to just cancel all of my accounts with T-Mobile. I am not paying them a dime more to a company that doesn't give customers the service they agreed to give when signing up. I will get ahold of the company that I financed the phone thru and see if I can pay them directly and not pay the balance thru T-Mobile. They have defrauded me for over a year now. I think I have been far to patient for long enough. I'M DONE!!!!!