Synology NAS connection

• 2 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

Just got my new T-Mobile internet router 3 days ago. Started moving things around to use it.

Everything seems to work, BUT, when I moved my Synology NAS over to the new network, I can’t

connect to it. I think I need to port #5000 and #5001 to access it.

Any idea’s if this can even be done?  Can’t find anywhere in the router where that even might be a consideration.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

maybe hook another router to it..

Badge

I was thinking of that, just not sure how the setup would work. I'm currently on Spectrum with their router. Want to get rid of their internet. 

Connect another router after the T-Mobile internet router? Not certain how the configuration would be set up. I'm knowledgeable but not technical on this.

My Synology NAS is connected to one of the Ethernet ports on the gateway and works fine. I don’t think the NAS has wireless capability so a direct connection is required. 

Badge

OK, was not able to connect with just the ethernet plugged into the router, so here is what I did.

I am using a TPLINK Deco P9 attached to the T-mobile router. I switched it from AP mode, to

Router mode, so essentially have a second router attached.

I am still not 100% connected, but I was able to port forward 5000-5001 and at least can no

access the NAS.  Still need to open some ports I think, but at least it’s starting to look workable.

I (supposedly) am on the fast track to get the new flash of the router which supports

port forwarding, but not holding my breath.

You can find the IP of your NAS by using the T-mobile Internet Gateway app and look under the devices app. 

Had the same issue and was unable to find the nas with synology finder. The Tmobile router runs an ip of 192.168.12.1, but my synology was manually set to a 192.168.0.1 address from the previous router. I had to reconnect to the nas with a different router since Tmobile's router ip can't be changed. Set the nas to Tmobile's ip range of 192.168.12.x and save. Then when put back on the Tmobile router network it's discoverable.

Had the same issue and was unable to find the nas with synology finder. The Tmobile router runs an ip of 192.168.12.1, but my synology was manually set to a 192.168.0.1 address from the previous router. I had to reconnect to the nas with a different router since Tmobile's router ip can't be changed. Set the nas to Tmobile's ip range of 192.168.12.x and save. Then when put back on the Tmobile router network it's discoverable.

I would like to try this. I have a Synology Nas running Diskstation Manager 7.1.1. Where would the setting be to adjust the ip range like you suggested? I am running into a few issues with a Double NAT. I set My EERO in bridge mode but then I don’t see it on my network. I am hoping this will solve my problem but don’t want to mess anything up since I am not very savvy with what all the network settings do. 

I have a solution, if you call T-Mobile for business and setup a business account which is simple. You have to tell them you want the business internet with the inseego wavemaker fx2000 and you need to add a static IP which is $3.00 extra a month. This is what I done and it works fine. You are looking at $53 a month. If you want to go cheaper you can ask for the business tablet SIM activation which is SOC ZTP10HTI and this gives you 10 gig hotspot and unlimited data. Use this tablet SIM $15 a month and buy Quectel CAT 19-RM520-N-GL from chester teck repairs. It's pricey but you will save money over time. The tablet SIM works great with this router. You can go to YouTube and search for Nater Tater and find the video on the chester router. If you have further questions email me at douglasmv@yahoo.com.

yet another customer who has to open ports on the router.  Need  a few more controls in the phone app or something.