Solved

T-Mobile Home Internet Community

• 24 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

I joined the T-Mobile Home Internet Community in early March and received a couple of emails asking for feedback which I gave but recently when I click on the link from the email Norton puts up an error message stating: 

Dangerous Webpage Blocked

You attempted to access:

https://t-mobilehomeinternetcommunity.com/member/v2/content/survey/32835?contentId=128588

This is a known dangerous webpage. It is highly recommended that you do NOT visit this page.

Did I join a bogus community?

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 30 March 2023, 01:58

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thanks for sharing. It looks like a phishing scam to gather usernames and passwords. 

Hopefully, T-Mobile staff are monitoring this thread and can notify the users of the problem. 

Thanks!

Badge

I chatted with support and they confirmed it is not legit.  I sent them copies of the emails and Norton error message.  Fortunately I did not use the same password as my T-Mobile one but did use it else where so I changed those.

Thanks!

Oh my gosh, ya’ll are making me very nervous. I’m wondering if someone has hacked my TMOBILE account because I have a pending order for multiple lines to start in September of 2023 which I did not place. I live alone with 2 cats and they’re not getting cell phones, I’m a dog person!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

In January of this year, T-Mobile was hacked: https://abcnews.go.com/US/mobile-breached-hackers-37-million-customers-impacted/story?id=96557559

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’ve had my info stolen 3 times (that I know of), twice thanks to a big health insurance co. and once thanks to the credit agency itself that was hacked a few years ago.  That led to congress making them (Experian, Equifax, and Trans Union) allow consumers to freeze and unfreeze their credit files free of charge.  Yes congress does do something for their constituents sometimes, instead of bickering mostly. To help to safe guard your information, here are a few suggestions I use. YMMV of course.

1. Never click on a link in an email or a text msg. Go to the website yourself, or call, and verify the link is real.
  2. Don’t link your bank account to a company, any company, T-Mobile  PayPal, Amazon, or anyone. Use a C/C or a separate checking account, just for that company with just enough money in it to cover the monthly bill.  I prefer using my bank’s bill pay service.  Yes you have to sit down once a month, but it’s quick and safe with a good paper trail.  It works well with T-Mobile too, but no auto pay discount, but i sleep better so it's worth the extra $5.00 to me.
  3. If you don’t require many credit checks then freeze your credit at the 3 credit agencies, it’s easy to set up accounts with each and a snap to freeze and unfreeze your file as needed, and for how long. With the files frozen, even with all your info, a bad guy can’t establish credit in your name because the vendor can’t run your credit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey folks! I talked to some of our Insights teams about the Home Internet Community. This is a legit program that we use to gather feedback by engaging directly with customers. It is only available by invitation and participants are selected randomly. 

We appreciate everyone being on guard against phishing threats. That is why I wanted to talk to our peeps and make them aware of what you all see and how you feel. I am glad that I was able to confirm 100% that the T-Mobile Home Internet Community is a T-Mobile owned thing and safe to use. 

All opinions are appreciated and valued, so if you didn’t get an invite to join that community, please continue to ask your questions, spread your knowledge, and share your experiences with us in this amazing Support Community. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Oh my gosh, ya’ll are making me very nervous. I’m wondering if someone has hacked my TMOBILE account because I have a pending order for multiple lines to start in September of 2023 which I did not place. I live alone with 2 cats and they’re not getting cell phones, I’m a dog person!

Wow! I have never seen new lines start that far in the future, but that does mean there are options to prevent it from happening. First and foremost, I recommend you change your password for the T-Mobile website. You can change the email it is linked to also, but I don’t think that is necessary. Changing the password for that email would be a good idea, though. Once you have the account info updated, reach out to our care team to talk about the order. While it is in a pending status, it can be cancelled so you don’t have to worry about charges on your card or T-Mobile account. They can also double check that there are no authorized users on your account that would have access to add lines or devices. 

Hi,

It is sad to say, but now days I am suspicious of every email.  I do not follow emails like the invite to join the home internet community.  I was 90% sure it was fake because two months ago I had to return my home internet modem because it would not work in my home. So why would they ask to join.  So I came here and sure enough bogus. 

Always jump on the site of the company soliciting you to see if ligit.  Beware they are getting really good at it. 

I called support and they said it is not legit. Either it’s not, or T-Mobile support needs to be trained/briefed on it.