Solved

T-Mobile Home Internet Gateway "No USIM" error

• 21 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

I recently just purchased the T-Mobile Home internet service but upon turning on the device at home, instead of automatically going to a software update or displaying the connection signal strength, it gave me an error saying “No USIM”. At first I thought there was no sim card in the device. After checking the sim card holder, there was in fact a sim card installed. After many calls to T-Mobile’s customer service team, no troubleshooting step they gave me worked. I have tried turning it on and off, factory reset, uninstalling and reinstalling the sim card, and still the same “No USIM” error occurs. After many unsuccessful attempts, I eventually just called and ordered a new sim card. New sim card comes in, not surprisingly doesn’t work. At this point of writing, I am considering taking the device back to the original store I received it from and getting a replacement router. Any idea how to fix my problem before I take the device back to the store? My device is the Cylinder 5GNokia Router btw.

icon

Best answer by tomwil 21 April 2022, 09:17

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I recently just purchased the T-Mobile Home internet service but upon turning on the device at home, instead of automatically going to a software update or displaying the connection signal strength, it gave me an error saying “No USIM”. At first I thought there was no sim card in the device. After checking the sim card holder, there was in fact a sim card installed. After many calls to T-Mobile’s customer service team, no troubleshooting step they gave me worked. I have tried turning it on and off, factory reset, uninstalling and reinstalling the sim card, and still the same “No USIM” error occurs. After many unsuccessful attempts, I eventually just called and ordered a new sim card. New sim card comes in, not surprisingly doesn’t work. At this point of writing, I am considering taking the device back to the original store I received it from and getting a replacement router. Any idea how to fix my problem before I take the device back to the store? My device is the Cylinder 5GNokia Router btw.

I could only find one other instance where someone had a USIM error, with basically no real solution given.

You said “New sim card comes in, not surprisingly doesn’t work.” Does that give the same USIM error?

If so, the original T-Mobile Nokia Gateway Manual mentions replacing the SIM on a USIM error.  Since you had already done that, it would appear that your gateway itself is defective, and should be replaced.

Badge

I could only find one other instance where someone had a USIM error, with basically no real solution given.

You said “New sim card comes in, not surprisingly doesn’t work.” Does that give the same USIM error?

If so, the original T-Mobile Nokia Gateway Manual mentions replacing the SIM on a USIM error.  Since you had already done that, it would appear that your gateway itself is defective, and should be replaced.

Yea both the old and new sim card gave the same no usim error on the device despite both being activated. Looks like I got bad luck on the manufacturing side of things.

Make sure the sim is installed correctly. With the unit on its side, the shiny side goes up and the notched  end goes into the unit first. 

So anyone having this “No USIM” issue that means they didn’t activate your SIM card u have to go in store for them to activate it I got this device yesterday & came home to set it up 2 hours on the phone with customer support I was heated & very upset,but went back in store today & the rep that helped didn’t realize that the SIM wasn’t activated,I came home & less than 5 mins I was set up & watching my Netflix,so for anyone encountering this problem just go in let them activate your sim😊

Yea both the old and new sim card gave the same no usim error on the device despite both being activated. Looks like I got bad luck on the manufacturing side of things.

So anyone having this “No USIM” issue that means they didn’t activate your SIM card u have to go in store for them to activate it I got this device yesterday & came home to set it up 2 hours on the phone with customer support I was heated & very upset,but went back in store today & the rep that helped didn’t realize that the SIM wasn’t activated,I came home & less than 5 mins I was set up & watching my Netflix,so for anyone encountering this problem just go in let them activate your sim😊

•  

I just received my 5G Home Internet Gateway and same thing occurred. Device does not recognize SIM or No SIM Found alert. Reset, SIM verified provisioned and still doesn’t work. Went into TMO corporate store, obtained NEW sim per Tech support and still doesn’t work. Frustration is an understatement here. Called TMO Customer service and it was like speaking a foreign language to get anyone with a bit of common sense to understand. Long story short, after explaining to over-seas agent a new 5G Gateway was needed one is being shipped overnight as replacement. Long time customer.

I've had the tmobile gateway for several months now and everything's been great. I came home today to find my internet out,  I go and reset the gateway as I've done before when the internet goes out and now it says "no usim"  it can't be an activation problem as the sim has been active and working for months. 

My laptop or a different phone will not connect to my gateway.