T-mobile home internet not working with one particular app.

• 1 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

I have a streaming app called IPTV (STB EMU Pro). When I first bought the T-Mobile home internet and connected my TV, everything was working fine, and had no issues for 6-7 months. Since last week or two, I am unable to play any video on that app. I tried to do each and every troubleshooting step but had no luck. When I tried to connect my TV with my mobile hotspot, the app is working great. Even when I connect the application to my friend's home internet (Xfinity & Century Link), it is working without any trouble.

Not sure where is the issue. Any recommendations/ solutions are highly appreciated.

8 replies

I am having the same issue. Did you figure out anything?

Badge

@npatel38 - seems like the VPN is the issue. When I installed a VPN software (NordVPN) on my TV and connected to the Canada VPN, it work perfectly. But still I did not got any resolution from the T-Mobile support.

Do you have android TV?

I get this error “File is still being uploading. Try again later”. I am not sure if you are getting this error. When I click 10-15 times on the link, it starts streaming though. That make me believes that there is not IP blocking involved. 

I have a subscription to live TV streaming from my country that worked on the T-Mobile home internet for about a year and about 3 months ago around October November of 2020 it's when this particular streaming service stop working properly with T-Mobile I can open the web page but when I click on the channels it tells me the stream is not available sometimes if you lucky you might get one to work briefly but not for very long time I called T-Mobile several times of decision nobody seems to know what the problem is I'm a truck driver and when I travel to different states throughout the United States I noticed that the majority of states don't have this issue I can stream fine from that same web page using my hotspot the phone to my laptop but at home I cannot do this either through the hotspot for my phone or through the home internet from tomorrow so temporary I had to subscribe to Cox internet again which works fine with the same web page out of Las Vegas Nevada so the issue seems to be sporadic …

Please post if anybody gets a resolution to this situation my next step is on the business internet which is the same service like the home internet it seems to have an option to get a static IP when I get home I will call T-Mobile to get a static IP on that business account I'll post up here if that will solve this particular streaming problem

i have been using VPN to overcome this issue. Sometime it works for couple of days without using vpn. Then it stop working in t mobile home internet as well as in my phone(t mobile data)

I have been using VPN since then to avoid any time wasting.

Badge

Do you have android TV?

I get this error “File is still being uploading. Try again later”. I am not sure if you are getting this error. When I click 10-15 times on the link, it starts streaming though. That make me believes that there is not IP blocking involved. 

Yes I am getting this error. Currently I am using the NordVPN to overcome this issue but when I turn off the NordVPN on my firestick, I keep on getting same error.

Badge

Is it a location based app ?  Static ip address requirements won't work on any cellular home internet unfortunately.   Youtube tv,Hulu live and so forth are examples

I had same problem and it would work with mobile phone hotspot but not with t-mobile home internet. Customer service technician didn’t see anything wrong on their end….as a last ditch effort, customer service tried a signal reboot and that actually worked.