Question

T-Mobile Home Internet On Nokia 5G21 Gateway (1.2201.00.0324)

• 5 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The past few days my T-Mobile Home Internet on my Nokia 5G21 has taken a dramatic drop in speed. Generally, the Download Speeds are 200-300 Mbps and the Upload Speeds 20-45 Mbps.

Today, I noticed I was getting slow speeds, so I did a reboot. A bit later I did a Factory Reset. A few minutes my Download was 26.72 and Upload was 0.05. 

I called Customer Support yesterday. I explained to the Customer Service Representative that I did a Factory Reset and the Upload Speed was still very slow. He was all set to send me a replacement device, but then I mentioned that my neighbor across the road has the very same issue. Then he checks something else and tells me that two other neighbor towers were having issue and the traffic was being routed to the tower closest to me, thus the speed drop.

How long does it typically take for problems like this to be resolved?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Well, I suppose it depends on how much they are into. I have seen 3-5 days of disruptions here before when they were doing tower upgrades. It can vary and may not be predictable. I also have the Nokia and my firmware is 1.2201.00.0324 but that is clearly not the issue.

If they have done some preparations in advance to what they intended to accomplish maybe it will not take too long but I would guess it might be a few days of frustration. Been there seen that. It happens.