Question

T Mobile Home Internet Service gets disconnected randomly

Badge

It's my first month with the home internet, the internet speed is good and all, but the wifi randomly stops being sent to the devices. The Arcadyan is still on and the Home Internet app doesn't show anything wrong.

9 replies

I have only had mine for a week and I have the same problem. Says it has excellent signal but the TV loses connection.

Me too. On week 1, and I’ve had to reset the router x2. Maybe Comcast is worth the extra $$. 

Yes, my T-mobile 5G gateway also drop connection often. Two issues I encountered:

1.Its IP address is 192.168.12.xxx, and sometimes it automatically assign the IP address to my laptop to 192.168.0.XXX, and failed to connect. It is really annoying.

1. Have to reset/reboot the gateway every some time (1d, 2d or several hours), otherwise, the connection is very bad.

I’ve had the service for about two months, everything the previous posters describe is my main issue with the service. The speeds are much better than my previous provider, but the constant forced restarts  are beginning to be a deal breaker. 

I have the same problem.  It is clearly associated with the local tower not being able to handle the traffic.  This can occur at any time of the day or night. 

It’s not a fix, but I’ve found something that works for me. I purchased an Internet Enabled power switch that will reboot the gateway when it loses an internet connection. It works like this: The switch sends out a ping to a website like google or apple. The gateway power is plugged into an outlet on the switch. When the switch doesn’t receive a ping back from the website, it cuts the power to the outlet where the gateway is plugged in. Then after a period of time you set, the switch restores the power to the plug rebooting the gateway. Yesterday, it rebooted five times, today, it’s been twice. Frustrating that I had to buy the switch, but, it works. When the connection breaks, I know it will be back on in a few minutes. 

Userlevel 1

I'm going to be dropping t mobiles home wifi beginning of the month and going with a real wifi provider I'll stay with their phone service but they are a joke counting on them for wifi service. And i wouldn't recommend them to anyone for it. 

Userlevel 1

I've had it for about a year now and it's worse than ever. I'm going to be dropping t mobiles home wifi beginning of the month and going with a real wifi provider I'll stay with their phone service but they are a joke counting on them for wifi service. And i wouldn't recommend them to anyone for it. 

Badge

Having same issues. My computer shows I am connected and I show usually 4 bars on the device, but the speeds are so slow that I get this when I run a speed test. Can anyone explain what is going on. Technically T mobile can deny it’s an outage, but the slow speed makes it unusable.