Question

T-Mobile Internet Hub switching from NAT B to NAT D

• 3 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello I am an esports coach for a local high school and we use T-Mobile’s Internet Hub to connect to our Nintendo Switch for gaming (Super Smash Brothers) - we require a NAT B connection in order to connect with other schools around our state.  For 4 weeks everything has been working perfectly until yesterday.  Yesterday it kept connecting to NAT D.  We tried all of the troubleshooting methods that I looked up online.  One time after the 4th attempt at disconnection, powering off and everything else we tried it briefly switched to NAT B but then 30 seconds later it switched back to NAT D. 

Does anyone have a solution if this happens again?

Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated.

2 replies

I don’t know when/how/why this started happening… During the 15 day test drive and owning the tmobile home internet for approx a month and a half, I had zero issues with playing online multiplayer on the switch and both on the switch and PS5, I was getting NAT Type B/NAT Type 2 respectively… I mean playing online Mario kart shouldn’t be an issue and why restrict the NAT type?? and why all of a sudden change it post 15 day test drive??

So I know this is a bit late but if your device is 5G try forcing to 4G if you can.  On my phone hotspot this is required sometimes to get a NAT level that my switch and xbox will allow online matchmaking. I was lucky enough to get sent to a upper tier tech one day and they told me depending on local tower traffic that the 5G network sometimes runs strict NAT.