Sticky Blog

The Future of TV is TVision

• 27 October 2020
  • 85 replies
The Future of TV is TVision
Userlevel 6
Badge +14

T-Mobile is taking on the Cableopoly, addressing even more pain points and righting even more wrongs on behalf of customers. TVision is TV done right. It’s everything you love about cable and streaming services — including live news and sports options — minus the stuff you don’t, like clunky boxes, annual service contracts, bloated lineups and high costs.

TV done right

With T-Mobile’s next-gen streaming services, TVision LIVE, VIBE and CHANNELS, and the TVision HUB, customers can finally cut the cord without sacrificing. TVision’s 3 services work on all the screens — available on mobile devices through the TVision App, or on the living room TV with the TVision HUB or other popular streaming players like Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and the new Google TV. Because it’s from T-Mobile, TVision services are simple, straightforward and easy to use. There’s no boxes and no bloat. Right-sized lineups, and you can get one, two or all the services. There are no annual service contracts. No exploding plans. Just one bill for your wireless and TV, with one login to manage it in the T-Mobile app.

• TVision launches with three different streaming services: TVision LIVE, VIBE and CHANNELS TVision LIVE: A total game-changer for anyone who wants live news and sports, available in three packages ranging from $40-$60/month, including local stations. Watch on three simultaneous streams with 100 hours of cloud DVR, and get access to over 10,000 programs on-demand. 
  • TVision Live TV: Just $40/month for 33 channels featuring top sports and news.  
  • TVision Live TV+: All of the above, plus 10+ more channels including NFL Network and more, for just $50/month. That’s $15/month less than YouTube TV! 
  • TVision Live Zone: The best choice for sports fans! At just $60/month, it includes all of the above, plus 10 additional channels, including NFL Red Zone. You could pay up to $140 for this kind of content elsewhere. 
  • TVision VIBE: The best of comedy, lifestyle and drama. It’s the lowest price to cut the cord and still get all this incredible content. Just $10/month for a great selection of 32 channels from many of the most-watched networks on TV, including thousands of programs on demand, on two simultaneous streams. 
  • TVision CHANNELS: Create your own unique lineup with a-la-carte streaming services with one bill, one login and one place to manage it all in the T-Mobile app or online, starting with STARZ, Showtime and EPIX. 

Get Yours

TVision services are available nationwide on November 1, 2020. Let the Un-Carrier Un-complicate the TV experience from the Cableopoly! Head to our TVision homepage to check availability and sign up. Wanna chat about it? Reply below and let’s talk!

Qualifying T-Mobile postpaid wireless service and Internet connectivity required. One household with TV-connected devices per account.  Video quality depends on Internet connection; on T-Mobile network video typically streams on smartphone/tablet at 480p; 1080p with Plus plans.

85 replies

Can you add TVision Live Zone with TVision Vibe? If so, How many simultaneous streams are allowed? Thanks!

Does the live TV subscriptions include the vibe or are they separate subscriptions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The price point is good but the lack of History Channel and AMC is a killer for me.

The price point is good but the lack of History Channel and AMC is a killer for me.

AMC is a part of the TVision Vibe package for $10/month. I don’t see the History channel at all though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

AMC is a part of the TVision Vibe package for $10/month. I don’t see the History channel at all though.

I’ll stick with sling and locast for my locals.

Most of the channels I don’t even watch.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey @ghardeman  and @tmeyer1985 these are great questions!

These are all separate services we made for different customer needs.  VIBE offers 2 simultaneous streams while while LIVE and CHANNELS offers 3 simultaneous streams

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

General consensus seems to be, “Meh. One more streaming service.” Not “uncarrier” at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Also the app isn’t available on Roku.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I appreciate the feedback @drnewcomb.

Is there something specific that you wanted that you’re not seeing in the services we’re offering for TVision? I just like to get feedback. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Not really. I’m not really into TV. My reaction to cable is, “150 channels and nothing to watch.”. In general, I find YouTube and Twitch to be far more interesting than anything on TV. My wife might be interested if it included TLC and the Hallmark Channel but we dropped Hallmark from our Roku after the free trial because it was like $5/mo.

The problem here is that T-Mobile is trying to enter a saturated market. For someone who isn’t into professional ball games and is repelled by hyperventilating news broadcasters, there’s little in real-time TV that’s worth paying anything for.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey @gramps28 and thanks for jumping in here too.

The History channel isn’t currently a part of the TVision line-up, but like everything we do, we’ll explore other channel options through customer feedback. :grinning:

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I understand what you’re saying @drnewcomb and I know way the services are set up, we catering to what customers want to watch if streaming live TV is there thing. I’m a YouTube watcher too, but I’m also a sports fan so the I loved that NFL Red Zone is available with TVision, but that’s just my taste in TV.

TLC is available on VIBE for your wife, but like the History channel, we’ll need feedback from customers telling us they want the Hallmark channel added.

For someone who isn’t into professional ball games and is repelled by hyperventilating news broadcasters, there’s little in real-time TV that’s worth paying anything for.

I gotta be honest, the hyperventilating news broadcasters comment legit made me laugh out loud! :laughing:

Any Fox Regional Sports Networks?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Any Fox Regional Sports Networks?

Thanks for posting @wagman67 .

Everyone will get their local Fox channel with this service so shows on that channel will depend on your area.

Any chance my regional sports network will be added?  AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @brendan126!

Regional sports channels aren't included in TVision currently. I've passed along this feedback, so if more customers want regional channels, we'll look into options to get that in the future.

1 I Wish Roku was available and two I’d be forced to buy a Hub. I wish Vibe was already part of the 3 plans, adding live zone plus vibe puts you at 70.00 unless there is a bundling price for adding vibe 

Hey @tmo_mike_c really would consider if someday y’all can add ID channel, wife’s favorite channel. Can you watch on your phone as well?

what is the picture quality? 1080, 4k?

what is the cost of the hub?

Lack of CBS local network as well as CBS Sports channel and History channel are a deal breaker for me. Sorry TVision...

what is the cost of the hub?

One time charge of $50 and you own the device.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

1 I Wish Roku was available and two I’d be forced to buy a Hub. I wish Vibe was already part of the 3 plans, adding live zone plus vibe puts you at 70.00 unless there is a bundling price for adding vibe 

Thanks for coming here and posting @Jessiemv21 .

We’ve seen this feedback already and we’re talking with Roku. I can’t guarantee it’ll be part of TVision’s future state, but I think it’s a good sign we’re chatting with them.

The HUB does cost, but as mentioned before, it is a one time fee of $50 and it’s yours to keep.

When will the app be available for Samsung smart TVs? All our TVs are Samsung and not having it available as on app on the TV is a deal breaker for me. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey @tmo_mike_c really would consider if someday y’all can add ID channel, wife’s favorite channel. Can you watch on your phone as well?

OOh, I LOVE ID channel! It’s addictive! I think in another life, I was a private investigator. :sunglasses:

Any-who T-Mobile is open to consider other channels. It’ll just depend on the demand from customers. Stay tuned and thanks for posting @RJQ81!!