Tips on improving upload speeds

• 7 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Now I only had this for a few days I think it’s worth 50/mo considering speeds are a coin flip, but I mainly got this to Hopefully Improve stream quality to twitch and stuff. The 100+mbps download is amazing though inconsistent which right now is fine. I don’t like not having at least 10MbPS up! Speed test for download goes up and down I’d say i average about 100 mbps realistically (Min so far 15 mbps max so far 200 mbps). I once had a spot where I got 13 MbPS upload I got happy just to retest and see it went down to 6… badum tsss! Do I need to test every inch of my house to find out that my hopes and dreams are crushed?

3 replies

I’m having the same issue, and it creates problems on video calls. I placed my gateway in the optimal position after discussing with T-Mobile support, and download speeds were drastically improved, but not upload.

I placed my gateway in the optimal position after discussing with T-Mobile support, and my download speeds were drastically improved, but not upload.

Did you get your issue resolved? What was the solution?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Try re-positioning your gateway using the method described in this YouTube video:

Thanks - I’d used the app for placement already, and confirmed my antenna was properly positioned.  T-Mobile found they had an issue with one of the antennas that covers me, and they were able to boost my download speeds from around 40-50Mbps to 230Mbps.  Still getting the slow upload speeds though.   I’ll likely call their support again this evening - hopefully there’s another tweak than can make to improve upload speeds.