Question

tmobile gateway restart

• 12 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

can the gateway be remotely restarted when no one is home?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You asked. The easiest way I can suggest is a programmable “smart” plug that the gateway is powered through. Sure it is not a remote access solution but it would work. If you want to have the gateway reboot at a specific time of the day that would work. Since you cannot make a remote connection to the gateway from the internet some local client that can be used is necessary. 
Another option, sure maybe, is to call T-Mobile support and ask them to reboot the gateway which they can probably do for you. 

Badge

You asked. The easiest way I can suggest is a programmable “smart” plug that the gateway is powered through. Sure it is not a remote access solution but it would work. If you want to have the gateway reboot at a specific time of the day that would work. Since you cannot make a remote connection to the gateway from the internet some local client that can be used is necessary. 
Another option, sure maybe, is to call T-Mobile support and ask them to reboot the gateway which they can probably do for you. 

That makes no sense because you need the internet that you don't have to control the smart plug.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @kbklarry,

Why does one have to assume that one doesn’t have internet to control the smart plug?

Badge

I assume if one is restarting the Gateway, it's because the wifi is not working. That's exactly what I had to do this morning because I had lost the internet. In order to restart the Gateway, you have turn the Gateway off and then back on. A smart plug is controlled by wifi.