Question

tmobile home internet speed issues

• 17 March 2021
  • 55 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I just got this and once or twice I got 50mbps for a minute or two but the rest of the time 1-3mbps download and 15mbps upload.

Cant figure this out and not many settings to change. Been on hold for customer support for an hour yesterday and today and can't get through.. any ideas?

Thank you

55 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

It literally took my 5G internet a full minute to post that message.

I live in a more rural area in Ft Myers FL. The only wired internet options currently are Centurylink DSL which is not very good. I decided to give the T mobile Home internet a try. I am unable to get the unlimited so am trying the 150g month plan to start.  I set up the gateway yesterday and have a full 5 bar excellent 5g connection. I only have my work computer and phone connected and I am only getting .5 to 5mb if lucky download speeds. I called the TMO rep and they said this was unacceptable speed but that there  was a ticket for cell tower maintenance going on and they would check back with me in a few days. I really want this to work as I work from home and even if I can just get a consistent 25mb download I would be happy.  This will be temporary until Fiber comes to our area. I will try and repost in a week to see if anything changes.    

Badge

I just got this and once or twice I got 50mbps for a minute or two but the rest of the time 1-3mbps download and 15mbps upload.

Cant figure this out and not many settings to change. Been on hold for customer support for an hour yesterday and today and can't get through.. any ideas?

Thank you

When I bought my new T-Mobile service & new phone recently the sales guy talked me right into the T-Mobile Home Internet and he handed me a modem with him knowing that it doesn’t work well at all in our area. It was so slow I couldn’t even stream a simple video and we tried every location in our home and still only got 1-2 bars to show up. I kept it for less than a month but when I cancelled the home internet I still had to ship the modem back by mail instead of just taking the modem back to my local T-Mobile store. It’s pretty bad when our CenturyLink Internet works better than their T-Mobile Home Internet.

i am getting 1-3mbps pretty much all the time but 10-15mbps upload? its basically unusable at this point as some pages wont even load.

Same in the Country in Washington State...basically unusable most of the time.

I have been having the same issue with super slow speeds. I messed around with a ton of settings on my phone that the T-Mobile  internet app i manage the T-Mobile gateway ion and suddenly I have 80mbps again, and the gateway is connecting to 5g again.   Maybe a coincidence, but the changes I made in my phones settings: always use 5g, allow roaming, cell service to auto instead of T-Mobile. I’ll update if my speeds slow again and it WAS just a weird coincidence.