Solved

tmobile home internet speeds are great but all of my video games lag?

• 22 November 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

My ping is between 60-80 

im hard wired and the only thing connected to my modem. 
downlaod speed is 300 and upload is around 60 but every game I play lags horribly???

icon

Best answer by 007BondMI6 22 November 2021, 19:02

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

If you don't mind post some detail about your connection.

Phone app is a bit limited go to 192.168.12.1 on your computer web browser.

First page expand Primary and secondary internet connection signal all that info is needed screen shot ok too.

Then on the left click Status and again expand Primary and secondary cellular network again all that data or screenshot.

Again need 

RSRP

SNR

RSRQ

RSSI

For both primary and secondary.

And Band for both.

I know your speed is good but lets see how good your signal is.

Badge

When I get home I’ll check that. But I always have full bars or all but one bar for my connection. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

When I get home I’ll check that. But I always have full bars or all but one bar for my connection. 

Just so you know bars mean nothing you can have 5 bars and such a bad SNR that your connection is slow and disconnects and has many issue all with 5 bars.

Badge

My ping is between 60-80 

im hard wired and the only thing connected to my modem. 
downlaod speed is 300 and upload is around 60 but every game I play lags horribly???

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You used the phone not the webpage so what is the 5G readings?

I’ve had this service for a few months now but knew before I got it that it wouldn’t be the best for gaming. Any wireless internet solution will have more variables to cause issues to the signal. While 5G is an improvement, jitter has always been an issue with mobile internet because it is wireless. I’ve used my Xbox a handful of times with it but it’s not the best. Your latency will jump around all over the place with this service but that's just the nature of the type of service you have. 

I have the same issue. Here is my metrics. anyway to make it better to reduce lag and random packet loss when gaming?

I am having the exact same problem. I keep checking my internet speed on an app and I’m getting great download speeds upwards of 500, and my upload around 80 but still my game lags a ton. I’m starting to realize that this internet is not for online gaming. First month or two everything seemed fine but now it is very noticeable and makes the game almost unplayable