Question

TV non-connectivity

• 17 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Form months I’ve had an issue with constantly needing to reboot in order to get my tv to hook up to WiFi. It’ll work great for a day or two, and then for a week, I’ll have to reboot 10 times a day.  Now todays my tv won’t connect to WiFi at all.  All my devices work great, just my tv won’t stay connected.  It’s a 4-year-old LG.  Does anyone else have a tv problem?  I’ve been on the phone to tech support at least a dozen times, reset to factory default, upgraded my connectivity through T-Mobile, etc.  They don’t know what else to do to help me.  Any ideas?

5 replies

Badge

Welcome to the T-Mobile REBOOT club..  are you using the Nokia modem/router?

Badge

Yes, the Nokia gray tower, not the white box.  Both TVs won’t work.  When one won’t connect, the other one won’t either.  When one tv works, so does the other.

I have a smart 55” element  tv and it will not connect to the wify which is a shoe box size TMobile wify box. The connection is good and all the other devices connect fine. 

I’ve also rebooted the box

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Form months I’ve had an issue with constantly needing to reboot in order to get my tv to hook up to WiFi. It’ll work great for a day or two, and then for a week, I’ll have to reboot 10 times a day.  Now todays my tv won’t connect to WiFi at all.  All my devices work great, just my tv won’t stay connected.  It’s a 4-year-old LG.  Does anyone else have a tv problem?  I’ve been on the phone to tech support at least a dozen times, reset to factory default, upgraded my connectivity through T-Mobile, etc.  They don’t know what else to do to help me.  Any ideas?

Are the 5 and 2.4 ghz wifi bands on the same SSID? If yes, you can try to separate the two bands into separate SSID, then connect your TV to 2.4 ghz which is more stable but lower bandwidth than 5. However 2.4 ghz can handle TV streaming easily.

The above assumes your TV is trying to use 5 ghz which doesn’t have the best range. You can only “force” your TV to connect to a specific band only when you created different SSID for each band and selecting the one you want from wifi setup.