Question

tvision connection issues

• 27 December 2020
  • 37 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is anyone else having connection issues with TVision? I have had the service for about a month and it is unwatchable.  Keeps saying network error reconnecting net-826.  

37 replies

You are not alone. We have had connection issues since yesterday evening. Same error message you mention along with the occasional Net 823 Something went wrong message. 

I'm also having the same issue on the Hub and on two Amazon Fire Sticks. One is an older 1080p and the other is the newer 4K. What's irritating is that on my phone it streams fine. Wanted it because of Vibe currently included but just going with Sling TV.

Same here, net-823 Louisville, Kentucky :frowning2:

I am having issues like crazy lately. The good news is that it only takes an hour or so to talk to someone in care. 

I keep experiencing the same issue with my Hub Kit. My internet speeds are usually around 400mbps. Don’t know why this keeps happening or if there’s a fix.

Same thing began a few days ago. Spooling and spooling.

has anyone talked to the T movile gods?

I had such high hopes to replace my cable with TVision. I love my TMobile phone service. But sadly this system is not ready for prime time. I have had to reset my system at least twice a week. Yesterday I had severe buffering issues. And where I live in a rural area I HAVE NO  ACCESS TO LOCAL TV CHANNELS. Know what this means? I cannot watch ABC or Fox or NBC local broadcasting. Wanna know what else TMobile didn’t make clear? If you use their Hub AND their internet you will have this issue in rural areas. At this point I’m very annoyed. Not sure what I’m going to do but if anyone from TMobile monitors this site please know you have a VERY unhappy and disappointed customer

I’m having the issue for awhile now.  It is the HUB itself that is the problem.  I have connected it to my phone, AT&T hotspot, T-Mobile hotspot.  I can power cycle and restart it and it reconnects, sometimes for days, other times for minutes.  Think I’ll cancel and wait for it to be available on ROKU or Samsung TV

I have spent over a dozen hours over several days trying to get myself bumped up to the highest level of engineering support. Supposedly within 3 business days I will have a resolution. Every single ‘resolution’ that they told me to try I had already done on my own, twice. The guy even said I did all the trouble shooting myself. Yup. I KNOW it’s the Hub. So we shall see what develops

Same issue here and it’s been going on for a week now and when i call care they have no idea what is going on and said please be patient while we try to resolve the issue but haven’t received a call back or email since we reported the issue.

Same issue here!  I have a gig coming into the house… this is on tvisions end. I have zero issues with netflix or amazon prime… the net-826 seems to me to be something tmobile/ tvision is doing on there end?   I’ll give them the three days i hear it takes… after that .. if not fixed im going to get slingtv

I also had this problem quite frequently. 

I had to power cycle the router (TP-1750) for unrelated reasons. 

To my surprise, it solved the buffering issues with TVision and Peacock.

NET-826 error is now very infrequent.

This is what I am getting, as well, and reset my modem/router combo and still not working. we can stream other services, hosted on the HUB, but the Tvision App on the hub is fubar.

I replaced SlingTV last week with this service, and for the past two days I am getting the same error.  I have to unplug my Firestick for a few minutes to reset it,  but then the error always returns within a couple of hours. I like TMobile's phone service, but this TV app is terrible. I understand now why they don't offer a free trial like other services!  All of my other streaming services work fine. I guess it's already time to cancel this and return to Sling TV.

Badge

I’m having the issue for awhile now.  It is the HUB itself that is the problem.  I have connected it to my phone, AT&T hotspot, T-Mobile hotspot.  I can power cycle and restart it and it reconnects, sometimes for days, other times for minutes.  Think I’ll cancel and wait for it to be available on ROKU or Samsung TV

You could get a chromecast with Google tv (the new one) I’m thinking of getting it

This is definitely a connectivity issue on T-Visions side.  I’m a network engineer and I have 1 Gig fiber up/down here at home and I use NVidia Shields to stream and all other streaming platforms (YouTubeTV, Netflix, etc...) work just fine.  However as soon as I launch T-Vision within seconds it starts buffering or fails to connect completely.  Investigation on my network shows the packets destined for T-Vision leaving my network but never getting a response or the response is extremely delayed.  Seems more prevalent during primetime so I’m betting that their servers or cloud provider network is probably being overwhelmed as more users sign in, etc…  Sounds like they need to invest in a better cloud network scalability solution.  Bottom line, they aren’t ready for prime-time so its back to YouTube TV for me until they get this resolved.

This is definitely a connectivity issue on T-Visions side.  I’m a network engineer and I have 1 Gig fiber up/down here at home and I use NVidia Shields to stream and all other streaming platforms (YouTubeTV, Netflix, etc...) work just fine.  However as soon as I launch T-Vision within seconds it starts buffering or fails to connect completely.  Investigation on my network shows the packets destined for T-Vision leaving my network but never getting a response or the response is extremely delayed.  Seems more prevalent during primetime so I’m betting that their servers or cloud provider network is probably being overwhelmed as more users sign in, etc…  Sounds like they need to invest in a better cloud network scalability solution.  Bottom line, they aren’t ready for prime-time so its back to YouTube TV for me until they get this resolved.

I 100% agree with you.  I have tried this service for a week, and it always gives me the same error message during peak times.  I use a wifi6 mesh system and have plenty of bandwidth. No other streaming service behaves this way on my Firestick.

I contacted customer service this morning, and they also agreed with you.  The person I spoke with said this is the way they “stress-test” their new service offerings.  I went through this a couple of years ago when I signed up for their discounted home broadband via 4LTE, and ran into similar “stress” issues during peak times, so I don’t really feel like stress testing another product. 

Fortunately, they refunded my payment for the service I was only able to use for a week. I will return to another streaming service and told them I would revisit their product in the future should they be able to work out the bugs.  I wish they would do their stress testing another way, or offer a discount to customers who are willing to do it for them.  I like the concept of TVision and think the price is great if it worked, but it is just not ready yet to be fully rolled out.

I hate to say it's not just the hub. I have the hub on one tv, but the app on my smart tv and have been having the save problems with both. I've called for support multiple times since getting it in December and there is no resolution. I can stream other services with no issue, only when I try to stream live TV on tvision... I'm canceling.

Badge

Hi there Db1331, I've already canceled T-Vision. If you push hard enough they may at least pay back for the previous month charges. If you haven't had T-Vision to long they pay you back for your equipment charges and your T-vision charges.

Good luck

Smartdog57 

My tvsion isn’t working at all. It keeps saying network error reconnecting. I have 3 fire TVs and none of them work. Please help. 

Disabling IPv6 worked for me (been a few days without any further issues) with native IPv6 with AT&T fiber at home and a 4to6 tunnel with Frontier FiOS at my office.  They may have recently rolled out IPv6 and are experiencing growing pains.  It is a bummer since I had no problems with any other service using IPv6 (eg Netflix, Prime, etc) but at least T-Vision works reliably.  Since some devices like Fire TV and Android TV 9 don’t support disabling IPv6 on the client level you may need to turn it off at your router.

I had no problems the first couple weeks I had TVision. Now, it's constantly unable to connect to the network and/or buffering every 5 seconds. I canceled Sling for this and was able to look beyond the fact it won't work on my Roku tv,  but I'm seriously reconsidering my decision now. This is just getting ridiculous. 

Disabling IPv6 is still working fine for me.  No problems with T-Vision since disabling it a few days ago.

Also can confirm disabling IPv6 fixed the issues.

I’m having similar connection issues but for me it’s only on one tv.  I can connect immediately on one tv (shut that one down) and then go to the other and the T-Vision logo pops up then never connects no matter how many times I try (just goes back to the home page).  It’s been going on for 24 hours now and I’m getting really tired of this.  This service is definitely not ready to launch.