Solved

TVision Hub T-Mobile Youtube TV

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Just went over to Youtube TV, like the Discovery Plus App it needs a lot of work. The live stream freezes just 5 minutes after you start watching.  Also since the app is going away i hope Tmobile plans on redirecting the three red buttons on the remote to function with Youtube TV. It would only make since. Right now my Roku TV is running Youtube TV a lot better. Tell me i didnt waste my money

icon

Best answer by Chrish32818 3 April 2021, 11:28

So first of all the T vision hub is actually built on a cheap  Chinese version of an android TV model which is supremely under powered for what chipset isn’t it isn’t it not to mention the fact that T-Mobile has severely just overdid it with all of the graphics in their overlays. After talking to YouTube and sending bug reports to them it’s pretty clear to me that T-Mobile did not think streaming through when they decided to make YouTube TV there provider for TV. Plain and simple the boxes are not powerful enough to stream YouTube‘s stream from their servers to your TV and YouTube does not have a fix for that because you can’t fix something that’s too far gone so it’s looking like we all bought a $50 piece of . However I did figure out that with YouTube TV you’re paying like Close to 70 bucks for 85 channels which most of them are of useless channels that most people don’t watch anyway but you can pay $20 a month and Philo streams just fine on the Hub Can you get a seven day free trial to try out Philo first and I’m actually switching away from YouTube TV now and going to Philo. 

View original

21 replies

Yea same here. I literally just switched over and the day before Tmobile made the announcement they were were switching to Youtube TV the actually sold me $100 worth of Hubs which are now basically worthless because now they cant even run the TV provider they are switching to. I have never had problems with T-mobile until this but this  me off. Why should I have to go buy another streaming box when they knowingly sold me 2 Tvision Hubs the day before they announced TVision was going away? They better get this fixed before my Free month runs out or I might just be leaving T-Mobile altogether.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The TVision Hub runs a custom launcher version of Android TV.  The apps for all of the streaming options on the TVision Hub are the same apps you would find on other Android TV devices.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The TVision Hub runs a custom launcher version of Android TV.  The apps for all of the streaming options on the TVision Hub are the same apps you would find on other Android TV devices.

And truth I do understand that, but i guess what im saying is that it sucks….and shouldnt be running as poorly as they do.  4K is a joke on here because the streaming apps that we do get ie Youtube TV (TVision going away) is crap...not sure if the actual issue is the app or because the TVision Hubs need an update to allow it to run correctly.  The the android devs for this device need do some major tweaking if this is the case.  Tmobile need to just allow  google to take over the android dev department.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

And truth I do understand that, but i guess what im saying is that it sucks….and shouldnt be running as poorly as they do.  4K is a joke on here because the streaming apps that we do get ie Youtube TV (TVision going away) is crap...not sure if the actual issue is the app or because the TVision Hubs need an update to allow it to run correctly.  The the android devs for this device need do some major tweaking if this is the case.  Tmobile need to just allow  google to take over the android dev department.

Maybe it's under power?  I don't have one but if T-Mobile threw them up for $20.  I would buy a few.  There is an update coming after TVision shuts down on the 29th of April.  I'm guessing it will come a day or two after at the most.  That will convert it to be more YouTube and Philo friendly and for any other services that T-Mobile recommend or partner with in the future. 

I’m having the same issue with video repeatedly freezing (the audio and subtitles keep working, oddly enough) with the T-Vision hub units. I turned in a case to YouTube TV but have yet to hear anything concerning a resolution. My workaround to unfreeze is now to hit the DVR “back” button and then hit play and the recorded video doesn’t have the weird freeze.

i see an “underpowered” comment but I’m using what they supplied -- and it worked basically flawlessly with the T-Vision application, so i think that puts the problem somewhere in the hub unit not getting along good enough with the YouTube TV. 

I had the T-Vision long enough (two weeks) to learn to like it. Its user interface seems superior to the YouTube TV interface. I do like having CBS though, so that was one small improvement. 

So first of all the T vision hub is actually built on a cheap  Chinese version of an android TV model which is supremely under powered for what chipset isn’t it isn’t it not to mention the fact that T-Mobile has severely just overdid it with all of the graphics in their overlays. After talking to YouTube and sending bug reports to them it’s pretty clear to me that T-Mobile did not think streaming through when they decided to make YouTube TV there provider for TV. Plain and simple the boxes are not powerful enough to stream YouTube‘s stream from their servers to your TV and YouTube does not have a fix for that because you can’t fix something that’s too far gone so it’s looking like we all bought a $50 piece of . However I did figure out that with YouTube TV you’re paying like Close to 70 bucks for 85 channels which most of them are of useless channels that most people don’t watch anyway but you can pay $20 a month and Philo streams just fine on the Hub Can you get a seven day free trial to try out Philo first and I’m actually switching away from YouTube TV now and going to Philo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I’m having the same issue with video repeatedly freezing (the audio and subtitles keep working, oddly enough) with the T-Vision hub units. I turned in a case to YouTube TV but have yet to hear anything concerning a resolution. My workaround to unfreeze is now to hit the DVR “back” button and then hit play and the recorded video doesn’t have the weird freeze.

i see an “underpowered” comment but I’m using what they supplied -- and it worked basically flawlessly with the T-Vision application, so i think that puts the problem somewhere in the hub unit not getting along good enough with the YouTube TV. 

I had the T-Vision long enough (two weeks) to learn to like it. Its user interface seems superior to the YouTube TV interface. I do like having CBS though, so that was one small improvement. 

All services use some sort of compression,  It makes me wonder if YouTube TV’s streams are just higher quality.  Most of the TVision feeds are 720P with a few that are 1080p.  YouTube TV’s picture quality from what I have read about the service (never used it personally), seems to be better than most other services.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Maybe it's under power?  I don't have one but if T-Mobile threw them up for $20.  I would buy a few.  There is an update coming after TVision shuts down on the 29th of April.  I'm guessing it will come a day or two after at the most.  That will convert it to be more YouTube and Philo friendly and for any other services that T-Mobile recommend or partner with in the future. 

Glad to hear that haven’t abandon that device, Tmobile would have lost some customers for that one. Anyway, I hope they focus on actually bringing 4k as described to the device because so far I really haven’t seen it yet.  Even in the TVision app and my internet connection is MORE than enough to make it happen.  Youtube TV is a little bit better, but still people paid for devices that suppose to be 4k not kinda 4k

Yea same here. I literally just switched over and the day before Tmobile made the announcement they were were switching to Youtube TV the actually sold me $100 worth of Hubs which are now basically worthless because now they cant even run the TV provider they are switching to. I have never had problems with T-mobile until this but this pisses me off. Why should I have to go buy another streaming box when they knowingly sold me 2 Tvision Hubs the day before they announced TVision was going away? They better get this fixed before my Free month runs out or I might just be leaving T-Mobile altogether.

Hey, I just read that they will be using those Tvision hubs to launch youtubetv from. I love Youtubetv and I switched all over the place when it went to 64.95 and finally was happy as hell to get it back. I don’t know if it is because of youtube making it so comfortable to use but I am now happy as hell that I am going to get my Youtube tv with my new t-mobile internet gateway. I have been using metro by tmobile for the last couple years but I might switch to regular t-mobile. The thing is I had been stuck with a bad dsl connection after Medicom tried to bankrupt me and IMON go in my way.

Badge

The update will convert the hub device? So I am stuck with it freezing until then? Seems crazy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The update will convert the hub device? So I am stuck with it freezing until then? Seems crazy.

As far as I know, it will just remove the TVision app and add YouTube TV and Philo automatically to the home screen.  Hopefully there will be a couple of stability and performance updates but we will all just have to wait and see.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I think it would only be fair if Tmobile would allow access of some kind to give suggestions to the dev team that handles the update for these devices. They aren't even a year old and no one (finding it hard to believe) seem like they don't know or have any idea. We spent good money, hard earn money for something we trusted this company to provide is with good service and mark my words. Many people will decide if they will stay with tmobile or go somewhere else if they come to a satisfactory resolution for this.  They need to either refund the money people spent on these low quality crap boxes or introduce a new device, replacing the old ones for each person that purchased them (I have three) with a new one that they didn't just throw together. You could really tell how crappy it is by what cpu was used in the device. What Cpu did they use in this device?  The dev team should have an inbox that customers can send reviews or problems found with the device. Or they could do like XDA-Devs allowing customers who know how to build Android roms to help dev the device (taking away any excuse of the original dev team being too busy or not having enough man power). Either way if I'm not able to play the youtube tv app at satisfactory performance as stated, I'm requesting my money back though the warranty service since it's Tmobile fault for switching to an app that is over powering for the device. If not I'll be going to the better business bureau to solve this issue.

So I am having the same issue with the video freezing while the voice continues to play and what I found as a temporary fix to keep the video from freezing is that while you are in the You Tube TV app on what ever live channel switch your resolution to 720 or 480p and that will keep it from freezing in the meantime till they fix the issue with the HUB steaming You Tube’s frames per second issue. 

I think it would only be fair if Tmobile would allow access of some kind to give suggestions to the dev team that handles the update for these devices. They aren't even a year old and no one (finding it hard to believe) seem like they don't know or have any idea. We spent good money, hard earn money for something we trusted this company to provide is with good service and mark my words. Many people will decide if they will stay with tmobile or go somewhere else if they come to a satisfactory resolution for this.  They need to either refund the money people spent on these low quality crap boxes or introduce a new device, replacing the old ones for each person that purchased them (I have three) with a new one that they didn't just throw together. You could really tell how crappy it is by what cpu was used in the device. What Cpu did they use in this device?  The dev team should have an inbox that customers can send reviews or problems found with the device. Or they could do like XDA-Devs allowing customers who know how to build Android roms to help dev the device (taking away any excuse of the original dev team being too busy or not having enough man power). Either way if I'm not able to play the youtube tv app at satisfactory performance as stated, I'm requesting my money back though the warranty service since it's Tmobile fault for switching to an app that is over powering for the device. If not I'll be going to the better business bureau to solve this issue.

Agree!

They need to do a one-for-one hub swap to a better device (that actually works well with youtube TV) if this problem isn’t software resolved soon. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Has anyone checked over on XDA to see if there is a way to load stock Android TV on it? 

following here, is there a download for the hub to help stability with the you tube app?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I'll be looking into request the refund today or tomorrow if I have time. I'll post what I find here. 

First day... Less stable and freezes video... Tough to navigate & needs channel number access and guide on TV that works, instead of all boxes. Shouldn't have to search for channels. Bad experience. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

So after talking to customer  service we will all be credited back money we spent on these hubs after or on the 29th of April. Good job tmobile. However  it has come To my attention  the tmobile used a dual core,  and I repeat a dual core processor for the device. The Amlogiv S905Y2.........they used the cheapest of the series  of cpu in the first  place. They could have went with the S922x which is a 6 core cpu or even the s905x4 which is a quad core would have been better. We would have paid the extra 20 dollars for either one. Whoever was over this project needs to be fired and Tmobile needs listen more to the customer than their wallets. Had they, this team up bull wouldn't have happened in the first place. Only 2gb and the most under powered gpu Mali G31 MP2 they could find. We as the customers should feel insulted by this!! Tmobile sold us 9n the idea of the hubs and we purchased them. Little did we know they how low they thi k of us to just throw us some crap and expect us to mindlessly except it!! I have already decided I will never purchase another device from Tmobile, and after this, we deserve a lot more than just account credit for the funds we spent. We should be getting a public apology as far as I am concerned. Tmobile  has lost a lot of my trust. It wouldn't take much else to leave this company.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Oh and for those who have the hub, there is a possible custom firmware called Slimbox which is specifically for Amlogic cpus like this one.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Also guys, here is the data facts sheet i found online for the TVision Hubs Factsheet