Question

Tvision keep rebooting

• 13 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have had my TVision androidTV Streaming doggie for three days now. It is constantly rebooting and I have to keep physically switching which HDMI port it’s plugged into on the TV for it to stop. Very frustrating!
Anyone else have this issue and, if so, have you found a better solution? 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Does this happen only as a result of streaming or does this happen if the device is just on and sitting at the main screen?  Is the device very warn or hot to the touch when this happens?  Have you tried the device on another TV? Have you checked for updates to the skinned Android build?  Have you tried factory resetting the device?  

Badge

Thanks for your reply and help. It happens when I turn it back on to use. It doesn’t happen again once it is on and the home screen is displayed. It is not hot to the touch. I have checked for updates. The device went thru updates when I first received it and turned it on the first time. I have not tried it on another TV. I did go through the factory reset twice now.

I bought two TVision devices and the other one has had no issues. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks for your reply and help. It happens when I turn it back on to use. It doesn’t happen again once it is on and the home screen is displayed. It is not hot to the touch. I have checked for updates. The device went thru updates when I first received it and turned it on the first time. I have not tried it on another TV. I did go through the factory reset twice now.

I bought two TVision devices and the other one has had no issues. 

That would make me think that the device itself is faulty.  I am not sure what T-Mobile’s warranty and return policy is on them, but I would return it for a replacement.