Tvision restrictions canceling because of them

• 4 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

I will be canceling my Tvision service and not keeping it.

I have five lines on my account and we do not all live in the same household.

Naturally I was attracted to the option of having three streams and being able to use this with my family this is not the case.

If you try to watch Tvision not in the same household you get the error message above. It will force you to turn it off in the other location in order to continue to watch it therefore using this with families not in the same household is impossible. Imagine if we lived in a world where you cannot use your cell phones outside of a single household this is such a arbitrary and restrictive impractical restriction. 

Then on top of it you cannot screen mirror with Android or iOS and you get another error message I did not take a picture of that one tried it on both Android and iOS on a Samsung and LG TV you get an error message saying mirroring is not allowed. Why can't you use your phone to share on TV????? I mean come on.

My family and I went and bought the equipment and everything because the Reps told us works like Netflix. Sadly does not. Netflix have family plans and acknowledged that people share usernames and passwords. 

on another Forum somewhere else I was told that YouTube TV does not have this restriction and you can share with family with three streams at the same time in three different households I will likely be exploring this option. 

Impressions count and you only get one chance to make a first impression once my family decides to move on it's going to be very hard and next to impossible to get us to revisit this product in the future because we are going to be stuck and set in whatever option we find that works for ourselves. You really blew this by having these restrictions at launch I will not be using this feature even if you enable it in the future. Now I am stuck having to go return these products to the store and waste more time. 

​​ very not uncarrier move

tmo_mike_c 1 year ago

Aw, that’s a real bummer. Sorry about the confusion we caused with, but the streaming is only allowed within the same household on the same internet connection at this time. I can pass the feedback along to my internal teams. Sorry to hear that the service isn’t working the way we told you, and I hope in the future we can get your business back. We are talking about this more on the official blog The Future of TV is TVision. Feel free to post any additional feedback there. Thank you.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Aw, that’s a real bummer. Sorry about the confusion we caused with, but the streaming is only allowed within the same household on the same internet connection at this time. I can pass the feedback along to my internal teams. Sorry to hear that the service isn’t working the way we told you, and I hope in the future we can get your business back. We are talking about this more on the official blog The Future of TV is TVision. Feel free to post any additional feedback there. Thank you.