Question

TVISION roku app

• 21 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge

When will TVision be available for Roku, Samsung, or LG TVs? I’m want to get the service but I don't see a good reason to buy another $50 streaming stick/box to use for the service when all my current devices are still new.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

No idea, but FireTV sticks are a pretty cheap alternative for the time being.

No Roku support? The largest platform for streaming and you ignore it?, bad move. I use everything TMobile from phones to banking to (soon) internet but cant use Tvision because you dont support my TV.. That's a huge fail. Oh well I guess Hulu Live will keep getting my money.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Unlikely Roku’s being ignored. I’m sure T-Mobile and Roku are in heated negotiations over price. Roku, being top dog in the streaming device market, charges more for a slot on their devices than the other manufacturers. HBOMax is only just now rumored to have finally come to an agreement with Roku to get their channel slot. T-Mobile will probably come to an agreement eventually.

Unlikely Roku’s being ignored. I’m sure T-Mobile and Roku are in heated negotiations over price. Roku, being top dog in the streaming device market, charges more for a slot on their devices than the other manufacturers. HBOMax is only just now rumored to have finally come to an agreement with Roku to get their channel slot. T-Mobile will probably come to an agreement eventually.

There is no fee for distributing a channel through the Roku Channel Store or as a non-certified channel on the Roku Platform, tmobile just has not done it and with their push for customers to purchaae the 50.00 home unit I doubt we will see a Roku channel anytime soon. So yes it was and is being ignored.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

You’re claiming that Roku charges nothing to HBO or Netflix and will charge nothing to T-Mobile? I’m sure that explains all the months of negotiations between WarnerMedia and Roku over the HBO Max slot on Roku boxes.

As to the $50 box T-Mobile is selling being a problem, just buy an Amazon Fire Stick. One’s on sale for $17 at the moment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

There is no fee for distributing a channel through the Roku Channel Store or as a non-certified channel on the Roku Platform, tmobile just has not done it and with their push for customers to purchaae the 50.00 home unit I doubt we will see a Roku channel anytime soon. So yes it was and is being ignored.

It’s all about ad revenue. Roku wants their cut and Tmobile is balking at it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I made a major error in my understanding of Roku’s income stream, They do get a cut of subscriber fees, but only if the subscription is made through Roku,

Advertising and hardware sales are their main sources of revenue.

I should stick to software; marketing give me a headache.