Question

TVISION roku app

• 21 November 2020
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

When will TVision be available for Roku, Samsung, or LG TVs? I’m want to get the service but I don't see a good reason to buy another $50 streaming stick/box to use for the service when all my current devices are still new.

43 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

No idea, but FireTV sticks are a pretty cheap alternative for the time being.

Userlevel 2

No Roku support? The largest platform for streaming and you ignore it?, bad move. I use everything TMobile from phones to banking to (soon) internet but cant use Tvision because you dont support my TV.. That's a huge fail. Oh well I guess Hulu Live will keep getting my money.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Unlikely Roku’s being ignored. I’m sure T-Mobile and Roku are in heated negotiations over price. Roku, being top dog in the streaming device market, charges more for a slot on their devices than the other manufacturers. HBOMax is only just now rumored to have finally come to an agreement with Roku to get their channel slot. T-Mobile will probably come to an agreement eventually.

Userlevel 2

Unlikely Roku’s being ignored. I’m sure T-Mobile and Roku are in heated negotiations over price. Roku, being top dog in the streaming device market, charges more for a slot on their devices than the other manufacturers. HBOMax is only just now rumored to have finally come to an agreement with Roku to get their channel slot. T-Mobile will probably come to an agreement eventually.

There is no fee for distributing a channel through the Roku Channel Store or as a non-certified channel on the Roku Platform, tmobile just has not done it and with their push for customers to purchaae the 50.00 home unit I doubt we will see a Roku channel anytime soon. So yes it was and is being ignored.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

You’re claiming that Roku charges nothing to HBO or Netflix and will charge nothing to T-Mobile? I’m sure that explains all the months of negotiations between WarnerMedia and Roku over the HBO Max slot on Roku boxes.

As to the $50 box T-Mobile is selling being a problem, just buy an Amazon Fire Stick. One’s on sale for $17 at the moment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

There is no fee for distributing a channel through the Roku Channel Store or as a non-certified channel on the Roku Platform, tmobile just has not done it and with their push for customers to purchaae the 50.00 home unit I doubt we will see a Roku channel anytime soon. So yes it was and is being ignored.

It’s all about ad revenue. Roku wants their cut and Tmobile is balking at it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I made a major error in my understanding of Roku’s income stream, They do get a cut of subscriber fees, but only if the subscription is made through Roku,

Advertising and hardware sales are their main sources of revenue.

I should stick to software; marketing give me a headache.

I purchased the T-Vision Hub and I could not get the color right.  I thought it was the unit so I exchanged it but still had the same problem.  Whenever there was a bright light it would white out details.  It did the same on the Fire Stick but was able to change the settings to improve. I also have a Roku TV and I'm disappointed there is not an app available.

I was pretty excited for T-Vision.  Bought 2 of the T-Vision Hubs, and they don’t work right with my TVs.  Volume is separate than the TV Volume, and it uses the input button to turn the TV on and off.  I’m sending them back and returning to YouTube TV.  Maybe I will revisit it when they have a Roku App.  We are already a Roku family.  Not changing again.

Come on TMob’s I would sign up in a second to save the $15 from HuluLive if you would just get me a Roku app.  We only have Roku via RokuTV’s or streaming sticks, so I am not about to buy firesticks for 6 TV’s.

I might end up getting rid of TVision because they aren’t available on Roku.  I love the price and the channel options, but I can’t get it on Roku.  Sooooo frustrating!!

I just added a mobile hotspot and Tvision to my account. I love the hotspot but, did not realize that ROKU was not an option. I will be discontinuing the TVision service because we use Roku for all are TVs

After seeing this post still active after the launch in November, T-Mobile might be actively looking at the comments on it. I think, in order for it to succeed, T-Mobile needs to bring Roku support. I love the service, but using an old Android TV nexus player just for TVision seems silly. I’d much rather have a roku app. 

Yes it’s a little frustrating that Roku app is not available. However, you can now use TV Everywhere to authenticate apps on the Roku using T-Mobile as your provider.

Let me try to explain.  For instance, you can add the TBS “channel” app on the Roku, and use T-Mobile to authenticate.  That allows you to watch TBS live and on demand programming. If you want to watch a different channel, such as AMC, you install that “channel” app, authenticate using T-Mobile, and watch that live broadcast as well.  You have to authorize each channel app.

You can do similar things with NBC, ABC, and others.  I know, it’s not perfect, and a little cumbersome, but if you are like me, you only watch a few favorites and fallback to the phone or firetv if you gotta.  This is just an option for those that don’t want to constantly switch between firetv and Roku for different streaming platforms (Netflix, Vudu, Prime, Disney+, and soon to be Paramount+.)

call customer service and let them know you want to bounce your concerns about NO ROKU up to the T Mobile bosses 

Userlevel 1

I too am only waiting for a Roku app.  Once you get used to a certain platform its just a hassle to change.  T-Mobile should do everything they can to get the app on Roku.  I’ve had service with them for years and just signed up for internet.  Would also love to dump my current streaming service and switch to Tvision, but won’t do it until a Roku app is available.

Badge

Coming from information from an inside source a Roku app is coming he could give me an eta, but couldn’t legally disclose that. So be patient there's one coming. 

We purchased two TVision hubs but find there isn't enough of a buffer/cache to prevent constant pausing. We can get channels on the phone, but cant cast to a tv for full screen. We have hoped a ROKU channel would be available soon, but aren't willing to wait too much longer.  Would love for TMobile to let their intentions known on whether or not they plan on developing a Roku channel.

Why can't we get an official response from T-mobile employee that deals with TVision marketing?

Badge

We purchased two TVision hubs but find there isn't enough of a buffer/cache to prevent constant pausing. We can get channels on the phone, but cant cast to a tv for full screen. We have hoped a ROKU channel would be available soon, but aren't willing to wait too much longer.  Would love for TMobile to let their intentions known on whether or not they plan on developing a Roku channel.

That’s super weird since the hub is just android tv. I have one and it doesn’t do that. I would be worried it would do the same thing on the roku. (Or maybe they fixed whatever the issue was if you tried it a while ago) You could try the new Google tv chromecast too. 

Not for me until they have a Roku App! Dang. I was just about to sign up.

Userlevel 1

Yes, we are waiting for the Roku app as well.  We were ready to sign up until we found out it doesn’t support Roku.   The sooner the better please.

Like others was ready to signup for TVision.  But, we have Roku’s.  No Roku support?  Really!!

No Roku support? The largest platform for streaming and you ignore it?, bad move. I use everything TMobile from phones to banking to (soon) internet but cant use Tvision because you dont support my TV.. That's a huge fail. Oh well I guess Hulu Live will keep getting my money.

Man I’m so mad about this I literally just added it to my account only to find it wasn’t compatible with my tv. The guy was like if you have a smart tv and wifi you can add it bs. Roku does not support it and I wasted my time called them back and canceled it immediately! Very bad move T-Mobile! 

Service is utter garbage. I had it when it was originally Tvision Home and had no problems. Now it doesn't connect or only works when my phone is a hotspot. No refund, called today and it is a “common problem” they have no fix for at the time being but I can keep paying them for no service. T-Mobile = GARBAGE. NO SMART TV WORKS WITH THE APP/ ALL LIES!!!!