Question

TVISION roku app

• 21 November 2020
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

When will TVision be available for Roku, Samsung, or LG TVs? I’m want to get the service but I don't see a good reason to buy another $50 streaming stick/box to use for the service when all my current devices are still new.

43 replies

I bought the TMobile Hub thing with the service and it doesn’t even work with their official device!!!

Service is utter garbage. I had it when it was originally Tvision Home and had no problems. Now it doesn't connect or only works when my phone is a hotspot. No refund, called today and it is a “common problem” they have no fix for at the time being but I can keep paying them for no service. T-Mobile = GARBAGE. NO SMART TV WORKS WITH THE APP/ ALL LIES!!!!

Wow really? I got it to try and save money because the cable and internet companies are high. Glad we have a fire stick and I went ahead and told them take it off as soon as I added it to my account when I figured out it wasn’t compatible with my tv. Wow and it doesn’t work with any smart tv? What’s the point or are they trying to make ppl by that 49.99 device like the fire stick for TVision?! 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Badge

Service is utter garbage. I had it when it was originally Tvision Home and had no problems. Now it doesn't connect or only works when my phone is a hotspot. No refund, called today and it is a “common problem” they have no fix for at the time being but I can keep paying them for no service. T-Mobile = GARBAGE. NO SMART TV WORKS WITH THE APP/ ALL LIES!!!!

Wow really? I got it to try and save money because the cable and internet companies are high. Glad we have a fire stick and I went ahead and told them take it off as soon as I added it to my account when I figured out it wasn’t compatible with my tv. Wow and it doesn’t work with any smart tv? What’s the point or are they trying to make ppl by that 49.99 device like the fire stick for TVision?! 🤔🤔🤔🤔

It works fine with smart TVs and the hub. That person just has many issues with all technology since he also told me ATT is garbage and some other phone is garbage. It seems to be a personal problem. TVision works fine with Google/Android tv smart TVs. The people that have smart TVs that aren’t Google like Roku or LG don’t have compatibility yet, but Android TVs are the most common so I get that. It works fine with a Google tv chromecast or their hub. I have Sony smart tv and an older non smart tv I bought the hub for and they both work. 

It works fine with smart TVs and the hub. That person just has many issues with all technology since he also told me ATT is garbage and some other phone is garbage. It seems to be a personal problem. TVision works fine with Google/Android tv smart TVs. The people that have smart TVs that aren’t Google like Roku or LG don’t have compatibility yet, but Android TVs are the most common so I get that. It works fine with a Google tv chromecast or their hub. I have Sony smart tv and an older non smart tv I bought the hub for and they both work. 

Yeah mine is a roku unfortunately I guess I’ll just wait and see what happens

Well, I got this email and thought AWESOME as we’re moving and the cable TV in our new town is extremely expensive.

Sadly, we have an older smart TV and a roku attached (can’t download apps and wifi is iffy) and two roku TVs.  Guess we’re not getting TVision because I would have to buy their streaming devices and I purposely bought Roku TVs because we had the account and apps already.  

Stupid on T-Mobile’s part - we’ll go with Sling or another app on the Roku.

Badge

Please add me to the chorus of “I would subscribe if...”  Roku OR PC app and I’m all in.  Otherwise, I’ll remain on the sidelines.

I was about to contract the same but then saw no Roku app yet :( It sucks.

I have TVision with a roku tv and downloaded on a Firestick.  Still have a lot of issues with it not stalking or having to reset the Firestick.  Will be glad when roku app comes out.  Trying to stay loyal and wait but may go back to cable if it doesn’t happen sooner rather than later.   Spend too much time trying to get the app to work!!!

+1 for “will never sign up without a roku app”

This makes no sense, so the solution for it to “work fine” is have to use two devices? Use Chromecast or hub with the phone, which I hate doing because it’s inconvenient or buy a whole new tv with android (Not common by the way). The most common app streamers are Roku, Amazon fire stick, & LG TVs and does not work with them. I haven’t tried it but because of that sounds like garbage...for now. I will be interested if available in common app stream devices.

Yes it’s a little frustrating that Roku app is not available. However, you can now use TV Everywhere to authenticate apps on the Roku using T-Mobile as your provider.

Let me try to explain.  For instance, you can add the TBS “channel” app on the Roku, and use T-Mobile to authenticate.  That allows you to watch TBS live and on demand programming. If you want to watch a different channel, such as AMC, you install that “channel” app, authenticate using T-Mobile, and watch that live broadcast as well.  You have to authorize each channel app.

You can do similar things with NBC, ABC, and others.  I know, it’s not perfect, and a little cumbersome, but if you are like me, you only watch a few favorites and fallback to the phone or firetv if you gotta.  This is just an option for those that don’t want to constantly switch between firetv and Roku for different streaming platforms (Netflix, Vudu, Prime, Disney+, and soon to be Paramount+.)

Do you use tvision or t-mobile? When the app ask for the TV provider? 

Please be more specific, thanks

Come on T-Mobile. I have been with you for 18 years. I expect the best from you. Get the Roku app done, done well and done soon.

Badge

Can you use the HUB with a Hisense roku tv because the t-vision app is not showing up on my home screen on my t-vision hub. I have a Hisense roku tv and the t-vision hub.

I totally agree that not having Roku was shortsighted and even stupid.  But, perhaps it is a planned move to intentionally not explode with subscribers and overwhelm support, customer service, etc.  Seems like they already have their hands full with the home internet issues!

With that said, though, my Roku devices were old (I had 3 Roku 3’s) and I was paying a small fortune for live TV, so we just bought 3 Chromecasts with GoogleTV.  These are light years ahead of what we had and I kind of like the interface better.

As far as TVision - we really like it.  For what we watch, it has everything plus a lot more that we always thought would be nice to have at pretty much half the monthly cost.  With the Chromecasts costing $50, we’ll have paid them off with savings in 3 months and they are definitely a big step above the Roku 3’s that we had.

To each his own, but this is an amazing deal and works better than anything else for us.

Sadly i am cancelling TVision today sine T-mobile will not make it accessible, what you dont like money?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Sadly i am cancelling TVision today sine T-mobile will not make it accessible, what you dont like money?

Sadly tmobile is shutting down Tvision at the end of April.

Sadly tmobile is shutting down Tvision at the end of April.

How do you figure that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

https://www.tmonews.com/2021/03/t-mobile-making-big-changes-tvision-offering-youtube-tv-philo/