Question

volume control with tvision remote

• 11 November 2020
  • 15 replies

Badge

1. I recently got tvision remote and hub however I can’t get my tvision remote to control my tv volume. I would like this to be my master remote but can’t get it paired with the tv for volume.

any suggestions?

1. Downloaded history channel and other apps to enjoy those services since they aren’t included with tvision. When I try and use their live services it asks me to verify my provider. I select T-Mobile and it brings me through a verification and asks me to log in with my T-Mobile account. Every time I do it says username or password is incorrect even though I know they are correct. Could someone with a paid tvision subscription verify this?

15 replies

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my volume.  It appears my TV volume does work in some instances from the remote and then in some apps only the Android volume in the UI works; this makes it frustrating if the TV volume is already on the low end.   Notably, the TV volume working is sporadic and appears to not work after a timeout or some other event.  I can restart the device and it works in the apps it typically does.  The remote/device should persist the TV volume in all instances and also have a separate setting for the Android device volume.

For the provider issue, it appears the authentication is heading out to the legacy T-Vision service and has not been updated for the new T-Vision Live services.  This also holds true for the Alexa T-Vision App. 

T-Vision Support team, these are pretty big issues from a customer experience perspective.  I hope someone is monitoring these forums and working on solutions to fix them.  If you need specific instances, please reach out directly.

I’m having the same problem with my Visio tv.  The power button works but I cannot figure out how to configure the tv volume.  The Android system volume has no affect either.  

I found a workaround.  This is only for the TVision Hub & Remote.  I set my TV volume pretty high with the original TV remote (25 in my case).  Then I changed the sound settings in the TVision UI to disable surround sound.  On Remote/UI:  Home >Gear Icon for Settings>Device Preferences>Sound>Select Formats>Disable / Never use surround sound.  Once this is changed, it appears only the Android/Hub Device volume is used (you can see the volume change on the right side of the screen) when clicking the sound buttons on the TVision remote. 

It would be optimal if a user could program the volume keys individually similar to the power button during setup in cases where the volume on the TV is not working (I’m assuming the remote setup is mapping standard volume commands based on the power button configured) or if a user has a third-party AV receiver that is controlling the sound which is a use case for many households.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Seems to me going with work arounds is going backwards. 
Also, the TV input doesn’t control the TV. Another two take ways from TVision Live. 

Seems to me going with work arounds is going backwards. 
Also, the TV input doesn’t control the TV. Another two take ways from TVision Live. 

The volume is definitely something they need to look into. Support has said at this time the remote will only control the HUB device volume. Hopefully they see this needs to change and fix it. 

To program you “input button” you push and hold it until the light stays on. Then point your OEM remote at the hub remote and push the input button. That will then program the hub remote input button. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks for the input fix. 
The problem with the remote volume control workaround is that I use the Fire stick for the GSN app (because the hub doesn’t have the the app). So when I switch to the Fire stick the volume is really load because of the workaround. 
Oh, and the the Fire stick remote does control the TV’s volume. 

Thanks for the input fix. 
The problem with the remote volume control workaround is that I use the Fire stick for the GSN app (because the hub doesn’t have the the app). So when I switch to the Fire stick the volume is really load because of the workaround. 
Oh, and the the Fire stick remote does control the TV’s volume. 

The workaround sucks IMO, on everything I’ve watched I’m constantly changing the volume. It’s either too loud or too quiet. I’ve gotten used to two remotes. 

I just bought the TVision hub yesterday and noticed the volume issue as well. Why doesn’t it allow the option to control the TV volume through HDMI? My AppleTV I can turn on and off the TV as well as control the volume without even programming it because it controls certain functions through HDMI. 

I just bought the TVision hub yesterday and noticed the volume issue as well. Why doesn’t it allow the option to control the TV volume through HDMI? My AppleTV I can turn on and off the TV as well as control the volume without even programming it because it controls certain functions through HDMI. 

TVOS vs Android TV. The hub is great for the remote being a standard type tv remote minus the volume limitation. I’d love if Apple and T-Mobile teamed up and integrated TVision more in the way they’ve done with the TVision hub 

I agree with all of you about the volume on the Tvision remote. I am using 2 remotes at the moment. I’m hoping this Tvision is a winner here! I’m using the WiFi as well. We just hooked it up today. 1 glitch where the WiFi box just went out but we unplugged and restarted it. Hoping to replace Comcast and save $$$. 

I have same issue. Using a sound bar. I’m glad I’m not the only one. But, I have 3 TVision hubs, and I bought a FireTV 4K stick for $30. You can install TVision on it, and THAT remote is awesome!! Take note TVision/Android TV. Also, if you have an Apple TV 4, you can install the app there. I hate Apple’s remote.

I had the Hub for literally two days and then I returned it for the exact reason that everyone is saying—the volume controls. I have a Soundbar and every time I would press volume up, it would change the android volume. I didn’t see a way to change it, so I returned it. I had an old Android Nexus Player in a drawer that it’s sole purpose is now just for TVision. I disabled everything else on it. 

I think I’m able to identify the issue with the volume buttons. It’s not programmed to, but should. Also, I think another reason is that the hub doesn’t support ARC. If it did, no matter which volume button you pressed, the TV  (or in my case, sound bar) volume would change. Probably the easiest way to get the volume to work: just add ARC functionality. It’s as easy as as a software update. 

This is a major issue!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Great job t-Mobile! The remote volume control works great after the resent update. 

My volume graphic goes up and down using the T-vision remote, but you can’t hear anything until you get all the way to 100 percent, and then it is barely audible. Is there a fix for this volume issue?