Question

Warning ⚠️

• 29 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

My home internet gateway device is displaying a warning message that says storage overload what does this mean and how do I fix it???

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

My home internet gateway device is displaying a warning message that says storage overload what does this mean and how do I fix it???

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

It should resolve with a factory reset. 

Userlevel 1

It should resolve with a factory reset. 

Except that it doesn’t.. and I have had to do at least one exchange for this problem, already…

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

That comes up a lot since the MR4 firmware update. It's not a fatal error and should resolve with a few reboots.

Userlevel 1

That comes up a lot since the MR4 firmware update. It's not a fatal error and should resolve with a few reboots.

Again.. wrong… 

Why don’t you just admit you’re don’t know what you’re talking about….

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I have the same message. I have factory defaulted rebooted nothing clears it.

So I just left it and that was almost 2 months ago message still there no issues just ignore.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Why don’t you just admit you’re don’t know what you’re talking about….

Sorry, we are just trying to be helpful.

One possible solution mentioned is from the following thread:

Akashi wrote:

I got the modem memory overload warning also. Seemingly triggered by six text messages that looked legit but we’re not intended for me. I erased each one individually by touching the trashcan symbol after putting each respective text message on the tiny Gateway display. Warning then disappeared. No repeat in the 24 hours since. Gateway is assigned a local phone number, so I’m guessing I’m getting texts for a previous user of that phone number. I called support which said they’d call me back within 72 hours; they said they’d received multiple similar complaints. I’m guessing they’ll find a way to block non-TM texts to the device.