Solved

Web UI login

• 6 January 2022
  • 15 replies

Badge

I just got the home internet gateway and have been using the app, but found there is also a much more versatile web interface at http://192.168.12.1/ in my browser. I found I have to log in to manage the 2.4 and 5GHz networks, but I didn’t know which credentials to use.

I tried the default admin/admin, but thought that may not work, as I was already made to change the default admin password in the app when I set up the device SSID. I did not, however know what it wanted for “username” and tried admin, but that didn’t work. Tried my email from my T-mobile ID, but that didn’t work. Tried the phone number assigned to my gateway device, but that was rejected. Now I get the message: “web ui locked” due to all the failed login attempts.

Can anyone tell me what it is looking for in terms of username/password, so I can finally log into it?

icon

Best answer by tomwil 7 January 2022, 00:04

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Can anyone tell me what it is looking for in terms of username/password, so I can finally log into it?

On the bottom of the gateway, is a white label with a QR code, that has the username “admin” and the password needed to log in.

Badge

That worked, with one important note, if you have already changed the password, you’ll need to use your new password, because the one on the base will not work.

Can u find or change the web ui login information?

I used “admin” and my new user password and it logs me in.

Thanks

It looks like they dumbed down the UI to look like the app. I do not see a place to get the detailed connection status.

I found same Home page changes mentioned by roscoask.   The maintenance option is no longer available.   Seems you have to use the app instead of maintaining it through this URL.   I contacted customer support and they acknowledge that the screen no longer matches the users guide.   No real solution offered.  I guess you just have to use the app if you need to manage the network and passwords.

I found same Home page changes mentioned by roscoask.   The maintenance option is no longer available.   Seems you have to use the app instead of maintaining it through this URL.   I contacted customer support and they acknowledge that the screen no longer matches the users guide.   No real solution offered.  I guess you just have to use the app if you need to manage the network and passwords.

Wow, didn’t notice this before.  I used to be able to make setting changes through the browser.  Now the interface really does nothing but tell me I have an “excellent” signal and time elapsed since reboot.

I don't even know where to go to set it up. 1/10.

I need help with resetting my password I changed it but for some reason it’s still not letting me into my WiFi nor is it taking the actual password they gave us need help asap 

I like it

I am trying to connect thru a browser at 19.168.12.1  and I get connection refused, I don’t even get a username password prompt

Very good

You should definitely like this

thanks