Question

webguard randomly activates even when disabled

• 15 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

So this is the third time this has happened.  I will be surfing the net and all the sudden webguard will come crashing in and block websites at random times, then a couple days later it will stop.  I’ve looked at my account and webguard is disabled, and has been since we got our subscription.  I have my own anti malware software, so we don’t need webguard.  Is there a way to completely remove it from the account? We are paying adults and don’t need some random censor to come barging in on us whenever we look at an http site as opposed to https site.  There clearly have been issues with this program so I think it would benefit the company to get rid of this garbage client.  It’s embarrassing to suggest switching over to t-mobile internet, then immediately get hit with this, which loses trust in my ability to pick a reliable ISP.  This needs to be solved or I will be returning my 5g internet kit and going back to what we had before.  It was slow, but at least it was reliable.

7 replies

Badge

were you using a phone to surf or a computer?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I’m sorry that webguard is giving you a hard time!  Have you called in to care or reached out to T-Force?

Facebook
Twitter 

They will be able to check your account and remove the webguard feature altogether if it is present, if it’s not they will be able to figure out why you’re getting these errors because we may have to file a ticket.

I’ve been having this problem for the last month and have talked with tech service twice and they are clueless.

Same here regarding support. Was on the line for ages with them to no avail. They couldn’t figure out why it was active but only for some benign websites like macrumors.com and web guard is turned off for all devices. 

I have confirmed that Web Guard service is turned off.  I have never used this service.WG is blocking web access to certain sites when using mobile hotspot on my phone.

I’m sorry that webguard is giving you a hard time!  Have you called in to care or reached out to T-Force?

Facebook
Twitter 

They will be able to check your account and remove the webguard feature altogether if it is present, if it’s not they will be able to figure out why you’re getting these errors because we may have to file a ticket.

I have same problem and have called tmobile several times and they said they didnt know how to fix.  They said I should remove my anti malware but I dont have one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If you are on prepaid then it will be always on from what I remember.  T-Mobile can’t verify age, and with the whole parents suing companies over content expecting carriers or app providers to babysit their kids they get creative about how to nanny kids.