Question

Where to find new firmware

• 25 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

Does anyone know where to download the latest firmware or how to find out if you have the latest firmware?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

For?  Most phones have a place in the Settings to check for updates.  Updates for most tech are staggered, which means someone else might get it before it is available to you.  That is done to prevent potential bugs from plaguing an entire line of a device.  Some devices allow you to update locally through a file on the internal storage.  This greatly varies by manufacturer and model.  What you are trying to update or find firmware for helps a lot in trying to figure out what the latest firmware is.

Badge

I’m sorry.  I thought I posted this in the Home Internet forum.   I was asking about my 5G Nokia Home Internet router from T-Mobile. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Support will push any firmware updates the device will need when available. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Does anyone know where to download the latest firmware or how to find out if you have the latest firmware?

What are the last 4 numbers in your firmware, Ill reply if that sounds right. maybe something with a 43 and 0 in it?

If you just got the unit it would have been shipped with the new firmware OR you can always make a VERY EASY call to TMobile Home Internet tech support and they will answer you question. The number is posted all over the place and specific to Home Internet only, its on your app, its on the GUI, its in the box with the gateway, its everywhere! *L*

Badge

I didn’t see firmware version, but I see software version: 1.2003.03.0143

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Userlevel 3
Badge

That’s the latest “firmware” .0143

At least it was on Jan 2021 when I asked, I was also told or under the impression that new releases are automatically pushed to the device but doesn’t hurt to keep up to date on that.

Tmobile is very good and impressive with their Home Internet support line, you don’t even have to be put on hold, you can enter your phone number for a call back when it’s your turn, it works very well.

It works so well that I think you are better off doing the call back vs. waiting on hold.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Running version 1.2003.03.0178 on the T-Mobile GW but I am not sure when this upgrade took place. It may have been pushed when I did a factory reset on the unit about 3 weeks ago. I am not sure it is super stable as I see random signal drops for both the primary and secondary signals with the tower and the signal strength, quality and signal to noise ratio are all in the good to excellent range. So, an upgrade to version 1.2003.03.0178 might be possible but not sure if it is the holy grail.