Solved

Why can't I watch Fubo, Hulu, or Sling

• 13 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

We recently switched from CenturyLink DSL to TMobile internet and we are very satisfied. BUT we can't stream Fubo on our TV, why? I can use my phone to watch Fubo using data but can't watch Fubo on our TV. If TMobile is just providing our internet service how does that prevent is from watching Fubo, Hulu, or Sling on the TV. We used to watch Fubo on our TV when we had CenturyLink.

Thanks to anyone that can help us understand the difference.

icon

Best answer by MFALC416 1 July 2021, 22:10

View original

8 replies

Problem with T-Mobile and HULU, and probably others is, they are not be recognized as a “home” service as opposed to a “mobile” service. I went thru heck getting it fixed, but only on one TV, so had to cancel. By the way, YouTube TV won’t work on ROKU because of dispute with google.

OK, here it the deal. FuboTV requires to identify your home nework but can’t if you are usiung a Celular gateway. However, I was able to get mine home network set up today. 

Here is the link they sent me

https://api.fubo.tv/v3/location

Once you click it, you can copy all of the text and send it to Fubo and they can manualy set up your home network.

Badge

Unfortunately I didn't receive any answers or solutions here, from calls to Fubo, or TMobile.

I can't answer your question but I came here to get information because I'm thinking about dropping fios but I need live tv. Did you get any answers elsewhere? I'd be curious about what you found. 

Has anyone tried the T-Mobile Mesh Hub/wifi extenders to solve this problem and did it work?

Badge

Can't speak about FUBO, but never had an issue with other streaming services (Paramount +, Netflix, Sling, Friendly and a few more)...when T Mobile is working. Here lately the signal is in and out all day and night at anytime. Thought it was during heavy cell usage or internet times. But my wife watches a lot of movies at night and it is off and on throughout the night.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

There is no geolocation function in the gateways. Your "location" will be determined by your dynamic IP address. Try a VPN, that might work. 

Can confirm that the Link for the code was provided by FuboTV.