Question

Why is my internet getting worse every day?

• 1 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Lately it happens every day that I'm not connected to the internet even though my router shows 3 bars, but my TV, laptop, tablet have no internet connection. Only my cell phone when I turn off wifi. I did unpluck, wait and plug in again and it doesn't help. TV often freezes because of lost connection. It wasn't like that when I started with TMobile internet. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just taking a guess. Try removing and reinserting the SIM card. Power down the gateway, remove the SIM card, examine the contacts to make sure they are clean, then reinstall the SIM card. It might be an issue with the SIM card. Just guessing you may have the black Arcadyan gateway. I have seen community conversations regarding the SIM tray issues. One user cleaned the SIM contacts with an eraser and it solved his issues. It is worth checking and will not hurt to do the procedure. 

I am speculating this as if your phone connects to the gateway via WIFI and can only get to the internet with the gateway off that tells me it has a cellular signal but the gateway probably does not.

Badge

Thank you, but my gateway doesn't have a SIM card. I have a gray gateway. This morning again no internet.  I unplugged and plain again and now it seems to be fine. It seems to be very unreliable lately. In the middle of watching a show on TV it freezes. Happening lately more often.

Mine is the exact same way. We have had no problem for 6 months and now we can’t even stream the tv. Completely frustrating.  Bait and switch ?? We are in Phoenix. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If you have the Nokia gateway it has a SIM card. The SIM card holder is on the bottom of the gateway. Power the gateway off, lay it on its side then remove the SIM card. I recommend to NOT turn it upside down and then try to remove the SIM. My neighbor did that and when he removed the tray the SIM card fell out into the gateway. I had to remove the shell to get the SiM back out of the gateway for him.