Question

why won't so connect to gateway when internet isn't connected?

• 17 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

So, I didn't have internet this morning. Whatever...it happens...so since I can connect to the gateway but not internet I think "ok. I'll restart the gateway with the app." But the app won't connect to the gateway.  WiFi was fine, but I couldn't connect to the gateway with the app to restart it.  So...I have to get out of bed, get my ladder to get to where I have to put my gateway, climb up, unplug power, re-plug. And then everything is fine. Would have been simpler if I could have restarted from the app, but I couldn't because the app wouldn't connect.

4 replies

Badge

Also, why can't I edit my title, so it says "why won't APP connect to gateway when the Internet is out"

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Try using browser access to the gateway (192.168.12.1). I have had occasions where the app wouldn’t do certain things, but the web ui would. I rarely use the app anymore, even on my phone.

Badge

Thank you for responding - maybe we have different gateways or gateway ui’s.  All I see is connection and hardware info.  The only clickable items are for support -- and the t-mobile app.

Maybe if I call customer service every time the gateway needs a restart I’ll get the feature.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I have the Nokia. If you have the Arcadyan, that could explain it.  I’ve read that the Arcadyan web ui has a lot less capability than the Nokia.