Question

Wifi extenders

• 8 January 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

Can someone help me out.  Can anyone refer me to what kind of wifi extender I should be looking for.  Sorry. Not very computer literate much less wifi. I was looking at the eero mesh wifi router on Amazon, but before I spend that much money on something I want to make sure it would work with TMobiles wifi.  Cannot find any info about this eero mesh. Any help or suggestions for other systems is greatly appreciated.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

You want to use as few extenders as possible. Every one slows your network down.

Badge

Is there a specific type of extender that is compatible? I was told to make sure they were compatible. No idea where to even start to verify that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Personally, i would just disable the WiFi from the T-Mobile modem and use a good router, like an Asus RT-AX86U in Access Point Mode, to have better, stronger, and faster WiFi by connecting it to the ethernet port on the modem.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You’re welcome to use one of these WiFi devices but I’d be careful as their not devices we can guarantee it’ll work. What T-Mobile can do is file Service Complaint with our engineering team to look into the coverage in your area for fixes and updates.

Badge

You’re welcome to use one of these WiFi devices but I’d be careful as their not devices we can guarantee it’ll work. What T-Mobile can do is file Service Complaint with our engineering team to look into the coverage in your area for fixes and updates.

And how would I go about doing that? Last night at around midnight, almost every single night, the 2.4 & 5.0 completely disconnects and the only way to reconnect is by unplugging everything. And tech support wants me to hard reset as thecanswer to everything. I have already done that 4 times. Still same issues Totally frustrated.

@tmo_mike_c  do you know if T-Mobile will be making TM branded Nokia Beacons available at some point to provide a native, supported mesh WiFi solution? Nokia WiFi Beacon 6 | Home WiFi | Nokia

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@tmo_mike_c  do you know if T-Mobile will be making TM branded Nokia Beacons available at some point to provide a native, supported mesh WiFi solution? Nokia WiFi Beacon 6 | Home WiFi | Nokia

That’s a great question @Stephen570 . I don’t have any info if we’ll get a T-Mobile branded version. With growing popularity, it’s something we can look into if the demand is there and if we see this as benefit for our customers. Thanks for posting.

@tmo_mike_c 

Just looking on Facebook, instagram, and here the demand is there! T-Mobile should jump on this and capitalize. A mesh router system that's sold with the Nokia would be awesome!

Badge

I’m currently using 3 TP-Link Deco M9 Plus mesh routers connected to my T-Mobile 5G gateway. They used to be connected to a cable modem when I got internet via cable. I just unplugged the main router from the cable modem and plugged it into the gateway, rebooted it, and everything connected as before with minimal effort. With about 30 devices on my network, it was a relief to not have to reconnect each one to a new WI-Fi host.