Question

Will Magenta Max 55+ be eligible for the $30/month internet deal that was announced yesterday?

Badge

Will Magenta Max 55+ be eligible for the $30/month internet deal that was announced yesterday?

7 replies

I was able to get it with my military magenta max plan so don’t see why not. But I’d still ask a CSR. 

Hi..I just called Tmobile and asked if I could get the $30 internet and they got it for me.  I am on the Magneta Max 55+.  It took about 10 min. to get it.  I called 611 from my cell.

Yes I got it today with my 55+

What if you already have the Internet service?  I wonder if it is only for new customers?

Last week I ordered the home internet based on the rep telling me $30.00 with my Magenta max plan. Found out today that is not true and that it will be $50 with auto pay. They now say I need 2 lines to qualify. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

The discounted rate is not automatic - you need to call and get the promotion applied. Your plan will still show as $50, but you will see a $20 credit each month once the promotion is processed. It doesn’t matter if you have new service or already had service. Also, if you have an older plan that is not Magenta Max, call and find out if your plan qualifies. It doesn’t hurt to check. The credit takes 1-2 billing cycles to show up.

When I first inquired about Home Internet, I had Magenta 55.  I was told that if I changed to Magenta Max, the Home  Internet would be $30 per month.   So I made the change.  I then noticed that the cost of Home Internet was listed as $50.  On three separate occasions after the sign up, I was told the amount of Home Internet would be changed on my account to $30.  Never happened.  Then on my fourth call, I was told about the two lines.  What angers me is that T-Mobile actually changed its story (and no doubt the policy) to suit its bottom line.  Actually I really like Magenta Max 55.  It is a very good deal for a single line, especially with the free add ons and autopay.  The Home Internet is OK for $50 in theory, even though it can be slow (downloading especially) and unreliable and just plain weird (like not being able to assign a network printer and limited options to make it happen with the limitation on being able to manage the router).  If I really cared about it (I have it secondary to Xfinity), I would use Verizon since there is a fat pipe tower right outside my house.  So I’m keeping things as is for the moment.  And, oh yes, if you sign up for some of the “On us” services, you will have to pay the tax.