xbox party chat

Userlevel 1
Badge

Tmobile are just just going to keep ignoring all your customers?  We need a fix to the gaming issues or I am sending this piece of crap back.  Why will nobody from tmobile respond if you all are trying to fix the problem.  Only been with tmobile for a month and customer service is horrible.  Let us know if you are working on it or just don't care please

19 replies

I signed up a week ago. We are having the same issue. The NET setting on the modem is at moderate and it needs to be open. I cant figure out how to change it. How long has this been an issue? I call customer service but they were closed for the evening.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m giving it another full month before I make a decision whether or not to cancel. For how powerful the device itself is hardware wise, the firmware is absolute trash. It’s no wonder it’s nickname is the trashcan gateway. It doesn’t even have the most basic of settings that even a 20 dollar router at Walmart would have, let alone any back end options to view cellular data that is useful. The issues with band locking make it unreliable and inconsistent at best. What’s even more shocking is that some companies like Hulu are just out right rejecting it as a ISP and won’t even allow you to use their service if you are on it.

I will agree the firmware on this thing is horrible and there is no excuse for missing advanced features in 2021. As for Hulu not working I can confirm it works on both the white and grey gateways. 

Currently I can no longer join XBL parties on the grey gateway I had no issues with the white one. I am on my 3rd hour long hold to try and get them to fix the issue if they cannot I am returning the grey gateway and keeping the white one. I would rather have slower speed but working rather then high speed and broken. 

I will suspend my tmobile gateway line for 90 days and pay the $10 monthly fee. This way I'll continue to use Concast and hope tmobile fixes the firmware. And that I don't lose on the $50 internet price. Good luck all.

Following to see if we get any answers

I am experiencing this issue both with T-Mobile Home Internet and while using my T-Mobile Phone’s hotspot. Please look into any issue with Microsoft’s Toredo IPV6 over IPV4 VPN (the network app that supports XBox Live networking) If I can be of any assistance troubleshooting this issue - let me know, I have Wireshark and I’m not afraid to use it 🙂 C’mon T-Mo, lets get together and do some remote packet inspection!

I really need to play Minecraft Dungeons with my grandson

Microsoft just pushed out an update, check the issue now. Mine appears to be resolved.

So it wasn't an issue with the tmobile router?

If it was, it is at least intermittent now, I have not checked the service with my phone's hot spot, but now instead of getting the toredo error on Xbox, it indicates "NAT filtering: moderate"

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Unfortunately, the issue tends to run deeper than just that localized daemon.  The router and end-user device/app appear to set the rule just fine--but the port assignment is not making it through TMO's tunnel, like it is getting stripped/filtered at the perimeter network.

In theory, DMZ "could" get around it, in the right circumstances--but that would only work for one device at a time.  ie:  could make it work for ONE IoT device, but not also a console or media server--would have to change the DMZ target each time you needed that inbound traffic to get forwarded for a particular device.

So what ends up happening is an application/device winds up expecting and listening for traffic that is not getting delivered properly, and it eventually times out.

They are kinda screwed with how they set things up.  They basically either need to change topology to grant actual dual stacks so we have both an IPv6 AND IPv4 forward facing address (what the Spectrums and ATT's of the world do), or set up translators that will combine the hex and numbers for an IPv6 and IPv4 address with port assignments so they can be reconstructed on the end-user's side of the layers.  If more applications were properly supporting IPv6, could go the more straight-forward path of allowimg us to just run native IPv6 delegations too... but too much is still relying on IPv4 to go that route just yet. 

Tmobile are just just going to keep ignoring all your customers?  We need a fix to the gaming issues or I am sending this piece of crap back.  Why will nobody from tmobile respond if you all are trying to fix the problem.  Only been with tmobile for a month and customer service is horrible.  Let us know if you are working on it or just don't care please

Here’s what I wrote 

If it was, it is at least intermittent now, I have not checked the service with my phone's hot spot, but now instead of getting the toredo error on Xbox, it indicates "NAT filtering: moderate"

Check out my post should help you 

I will agree the firmware on this thing is horrible and there is no excuse for missing advanced features in 2021. As for Hulu not working I can confirm it works on both the white and grey gateways. 

Currently I can no longer join XBL parties on the grey gateway I had no issues with the white one. I am on my 3rd hour long hold to try and get them to fix the issue if they cannot I am returning the grey gateway and keeping the white one. I would rather have slower speed but working rather then high speed and broken. 

Here’s what I wrote  & Far as hulu & other streaming services people have issues with until tmobile fixes these use changing the DNS to another server helps here’s a article with a few DNS servers to choose from hopefully this will be fixed next week or by the end of next month. 

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-dns-server

Badge

What’s even more shocking is that some companies like Hulu are just out right rejecting it as a ISP and won’t even allow you to use their service if you are on it.

This simply isn’t true. My Hulu works fine on multiple devices. 

Anyone have a fix for this yet or does anyone know if it’s being looked into? I recently got it and being unable to connect to parties is absurd! I’m trying to switch over to it so i can cancel my current internet plan because currently we are paying over 1000$ a month for it more or less sometimes. I would hope that this is being looked into

Userlevel 2
Badge

What’s even more shocking is that some companies like Hulu are just out right rejecting it as a ISP and won’t even allow you to use their service if you are on it.

Here you are actually wrong. So, I’ve had TM alpha test internet for almost 2 months now. When I first got it I was told that there were working on getting Hulu TV working (which I had at the time) and that a fix should be coming in soon. I thought to myself, ok, I can live with that for now. I was also told that all my games would work just fine, so I was like, cool let’s do this.

First of all, I and a lot of other gamers were straight-up lied to. TMs crap service actually makes playing a lot of games damn near impossible. Xbox chat, Steam, mmo, and co-op games, you name it, TM has a way to break it. The one fix that I have found that kinda works is using a VPN but we shouldn’t be forced to pay even more money to get TMs service to do its damn job.

Second, you heard about TMs big partnership with Google/Youtube TV? Well, guess who is pretty much the top dog in the steaming service area? It ain’t Youtube TV that’s for sure, it’s Hulu. And guess what else, I actually called Hulu and they said they would like to get it working on TM crap internet but it’s up to TM. And you know how we were all told that a fix was incoming? Weeeeeeeell about that. The day after the announcement that TM was shutting down their own service and going with Google/Youtube TV I called customer service for an update on that promised Hulu fix and was told that as of right now there are no further plans to get Hulu working anymore lol. Now if that isn’t shady as all hell I don’t know what is. 

I have a feeling that since Google/Youtube TV couldn’t compete fair and square they offered TM a big fat check to cheat and block Hulu from working on their service to force their customers into using Youtube TV.

Frankly, at this point, the FCC needs to get involved and start taking a long hard look at what exactly TM has been doing recently cause this all stinks. 

Still can't connect to party chat on series x. I have the gray box and everything works except the party chat. T-mobile..... please look into this!

Xbox party chat still not working for me as well on hotspot! Change advanced settings on Xbox port forwarding to get Open NAT. Still didn't fix it. TMOBILE Please fix this! 

I’m gonna give out some information that is gonna upset allot of people and I really REALLY hope T-Mobile gets sued the crap out of for all this bull crap. Ever since I got the internet service (I got the grey model as well) I have not been able to connect to Xbox live parties. It’s so frustrating because that’s all I ever do on my Xbox half the time. Over the past several weeks I have been on the phone talking to so many agents and filing for so many support tickets. Each agent has given me different answers, one answer was for me to go back to the 4g LTE model, another was for me to wait until 2 hours while they fixed it, and the list goes on. I’ve talked to 2 higher ups. One told me she was gonna call me back the next day and confirm the fix, I never received a call and it was never fixed, I then talked to a supervisor last Saturday, she told me she would call me on Monday (this past monday) to confirm that the model has been updated and fixed. I never got a call nor was my issue fixed. After that, I have reason to believe my account has been flagged because everytime I chat with a representative they either hang up, or tell me to reboot my device. I can no longer get ahold of any supervisors, my requests get denied. The representatives told me that this issue will be fixed in the next update. They have no idea when that update will be sent out. Here’s the hard truth. There is no update and there is no fix. I’m pretty sure T-Mobile has some sort of tie with another company that prohibits them from fixing this issue, kind of like the whole Hulu streaming issue. This problem won’t be fixed and if your on here hoping that it will, you might wanna start looking for a better internet service because your gonna be waiting a long time all for nothing. Sorry to spread bad news but this issue has been reported every since the launch of this stupid 5G model (grey model) and they still have not fixed it. That should tell you all something.