Solved

YouTube TV Promo Extension?

Badge

Anybody recently try extending the $10 discount on YouTube TV?

icon

Best answer by flyingdoodle 30 March 2022, 17:44

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Anybody recently try extending the $10 discount on YouTube TV?

Unless T-Mobile extends the offer, it appears the $10 discount ends after 1 year.

https://www.t-mobile.com/tvision

For those who had signed up for TVision last year, the $10 discount is lifetime.

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/un-carrier/turns-out-tv-is-better-with-friends

I haven’t tried yet, but I just received an email from youtubetv telling me my rate is increasing $10 effective April 1st. I thought it was permanent also

I received a sms from t-mobile saying to click on the link to extend the promotion. the link took me to the YouTube TV website. The link included a promo code that I entered on the manage account area and this extended the promo for 12 months.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I got an email from Tmobile saying the $10 discount for my Philo account will be honored as long as I stay a Tmobile customer but not sure about YouTube TV.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I got an email from Tmobile saying the $10 discount for my Philo account will be honored as long as I stay a Tmobile customer but not sure about YouTube TV.

That’s interesting that the Philo promo extension is lifetime.  It was assumed to be just another year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PhiloTV/comments/tk5vn1/tmobile_10_discount_update

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You're still eligible for the $10 discount!

We're happy to announce that T-Mobile has extended the $10 off monthly discount for all eligible subscribers who redeemed the promotion code by 12/31/2021 and are being directly billed by Philo. Your coupon will automatically extend as long as you remain a T-Mobile and Philo subscriber.

No action is required at this time, but if you have any questions, you can contact our customer support team.

Contact support
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Above is a screenshot of the email.

My Youtube TV account is showing a $10 increase next month. 

While the webpage from a year ago (above) DOES state “ just for our customers, and they’ll get that discount for as long as they’re a T-Mobile subscriber,” if you go to the bottom of the page it states 

“YouTube TV: Redeem by June 30, 2021. After trial pay $54.99/mo. including $10/mo. off for 12 months Cancel anytime.”

Obviously T-mobile has some explaining to do, I was hoping to do a chat but I guess I’ll have to call customer service and inquire about this.

If anyone else has done so please post your results?

I received a sms from t-mobile saying to click on the link to extend the promotion. the link took me to the YouTube TV website. The link included a promo code that I entered on the manage account area and this extended the promo for 12 months.

The offer I got required canceling my current subscription and resigning up. Like a criminal looking for a deal. Which is why You Tube tv limits the amount of times you can do that.

My Youtube TV account is showing a $10 increase next month. 

While the webpage from a year ago (above) DOES state “ just for our customers, and they’ll get that discount for as long as they’re a T-Mobile subscriber,” if you go to the bottom of the page it states 

“YouTube TV: Redeem by June 30, 2021. After trial pay $54.99/mo. including $10/mo. off for 12 months Cancel anytime.”

Obviously T-mobile has some explaining to do, I was hoping to do a chat but I guess I’ll have to call customer service and inquire about this.

If anyone else has done so please post your results?

I also received an email with the same...as long as your a customer claim. It's a LIE. The only choice you have is to cancel and sign up again to get the discount. Which You Tube tv limits. So eventually no discount. T Mobile LIED 

This is interesting, in that page link Turns out, TV is better with friends. ‑ T‑Mobile Newsroom (t-mobile.com)  it now says “ After 12 months users may need to take action to continue the $10/mo discount on qualifying streaming services. “  

I SWEAR it didn’t say that before? Think they updated it?

I just got off the phone with T-mobile who directed me to Youtube TV who then directed me back to T-mobile…..ugh!!!!!! Here we go…..

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Here is what you need to know and do if you are a prior TVision customer who got the $10 discount “for life” last year.

• TVision was shut down in April of 2021 and the Youtube offer was presented on 3/31/21. Assuming you took the offer shortly after the notice, your Youtube billing started in April 2021.
  • Youtube bills forward, meaning for April, they will date the charge in March.
  • Your last bill with the original discount should have been paid on March 31.
  • If you did nothing after that, you will see an April 2022 bill without the discount.
  • I am assuming everyone who is on this thread going WTF and did nothing in April like me and got the full price bill.

Here is what you need to do

1. Don’t bother Youtube. This has nothing to do with them regardless of what TMobile tells you.
  2. Call TMobile and demand a promo code for another year of $10 off. Your TMobile account should be noted as a “for life” discount.
  3. DO NOT USE THE PROMO LINK THAT IS OFFERED TO ANY TMOBILE CUSTOMER
  4. You need a physical code and type that code into the “Add Promo Code” in your YouTube TV billing page.
  5. TMobile rep will probably tell you “I have no access to a code, just a link”. This is true.
  6. What the TMobile rep probably doesn’t know is that the URL link that is generated when you register for the TMobile promotion, contains the promo code in the URL.
  7. However, the link doesn’t work because you are already a YouTubeTV customer.
  8. DO NOT CANCEL YOUTUBETV just to get the link to work. This is against the promotion’s terms and conditions. 
  9. Fortunately my TMobile rep figured this out and then texted me the promo code that she copied from the URL. It is unique and tied to your TMobile phone number when the URL is generated.
  10. Once I entered the promo code on YoutubeTV, I now see my next bill has the $10 discount.
  11. Mark the month you added this promo code and then do what you need to do to remind yourself to call TMobile on 1st of that month next year, well before the bill is generated.  Get a new promo code before you are charged full price again. For example, if you added the promo code in time to get the discount in May, call TMobile every year on May 1 to get a new 12 month promo.
  12. What about the month(s) you where charged full price from YoutubeTV? Again don’t call YouTube. Call TMobile and complain that they are stupid and you deserve $10 credit for each month they screwed up. Or ask nicely. Your mileage will vary. You will not get one penny from YouTube.

Hopefully TMobile will figure out a way to make this permanent but I doubt it. It’s is utterly ridiculous you have to do this every year, but for $120, it’s worth it IMHO. I also highly doubt “for life” really means what it says and TMobile has enough legal cover in their fine print that we all ignored. Basically take what you can get and be happy. Tmobile could have just said sorry, no more TVision. Have a nice day, come again.

My sympathies for those of you that got a rep who had no idea what TVision is/was….

Last Wednesday, T-mobile texted me with a new promo code for the next 12 months to be used with YoutubeTV.  Unfortunately, when I entered the code in my YoutubeTV account, it was not accepted.  I called T-mobile and they regenerated a new code which still did not work.  I wonder if I have to wait until October to use the code as I am still getting the $10 discount for September.

Last Wednesday, T-mobile texted me with a new promo code for the next 12 months to be used with YoutubeTV.  Unfortunately, when I entered the code in my YoutubeTV account, it was not accepted.  I called T-mobile and they regenerated a new code which still did not work.  I wonder if I have to wait until October to use the code as I am still getting the $10 discount for September.

I’m having this exact same problem.. it says my code is invalid. My billing date is in 7 days and goes up to the regular price.. not sure if I should cancel and try to sign back up. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I have spent too much time talking to T-Mobile support about the YouTube tv discount extension.  I also received a code initially from T-Mobile with a link to extend the discount, which did not work.  I have since been sent several different codes to try, all of which return the “code invalid” result.  Today I received an email from YouTube tv letting me know that my account was going to be increased to $64.99 on my next billing cycle, which now is in 5 days.  
 I am going to try one more time to push T-Mobile to make this right.  Seems to be a case of the left hand being clueless about what the right hand is doing.  I would prefer to not be caught in the middle of their ignorance, or their negligence, which is why I am hesitant to cancel my YouTube tv membership with the intent of signing up again the next day.

But listening to the T-Mobile guy tell me, again, about the TEAM OF EXPERTS for every T-Mobile customer and the REAL person that is there for me, so just HANG ON …………makes patience impossible at this point.

I received a text with a code to extend the $10 discount for another year.   To apply the code,  one has to access their account at tv.youtube.com on a web browser.   Select the user icon then billing. There is an option to apply the discount code.    Seemed to work for me.