Question

Hulu on us

• 24 January 2024
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Went to T-Mobile account page to sign up for the Hulu on us offer and it is no where to be found. Did they change their mind on this offer?

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The promo is supposed to start today so keep checking and Tmobile uses pacific time zone so at the moment it's not business hours there.

Userlevel 1

T-Mobile sent me a text a few weeks ago saying I would be getting Hulu on us.  The “full terms” in that text states the offer is for GO5G customers or customers with 2+ lines of Magenta Max.  I have 3 lines but when I register for the Hulu promotion it tells me I don’t qualify. They seemed to have changed their minds.

T-Mobile sent me a text a few weeks ago saying I would be getting Hulu on us.  The “full terms” in that text states the offer is for GO5G customers or customers with 2+ lines of Magenta Max.  I have 3 lines but when I register for the Hulu promotion it tells me I don’t qualify. They seemed to have changed their minds.

I too received the same text. However, it shows online as only being available to those with the GO5G plans now. So now my Netflix benefit is down graded to include Ad's and I don't qualify for the Hulu promotion 🤔 

Don't give up if you have two or more lines of Go5gplus or Magenta Max. Go here: https://promotions.t-mobile.com/huluonus

T-Mobile told me FOUR times today--twice online and twice over the phone--that only Go5GNext customers qualified for the HuluOnUs offer. A 611 supervisor even tried to upsell me to Go5GNext, a business proposition that made absolutely no sense.                                                                             I patiently explained that I am a Go5gPlus customer with three lines and that T-Mobile texted me on Jan. 4, telling me I qualified. I then read him the text. After 20 minutes or so, he said he'd discovered my claim was true and texted me the sign up link in the post above. It worked for me, and I'm watching Hulu on my TV now. The ads don't seem to be particularly heavy.

Userlevel 1

It’s working for me now. Thanks YankFan for getting them to stay true to their original terms.

I was just told that although I’m eligible for the Hulu benefit, I would have to upgrade my free Netflix to a paid subscription costing $10 a month.  Which is more than I could pay for Hulu independently. Apparently if you have the Netflix on T-Mobile, they are saying you’re not eligible for the Hulu.  Poor marketing on their part.

I think that this is the statement that all of you are talking about.  It is still up on the website.  I also received a message saying that I don’t qualify.  We spoke with two different people who told us that the following statement never existed.  It does and here it is:https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/rs219?cmpid=MGPO_SS_C_CRMSVC_3StandardtoSWAONUSENGMessageBSMST3 and here is the statement:

Full terms
Offer subject to change. Register for promotional code at promotions.t-mobile.com after 1/24/24 and complete redemption via Hulu within 30 days thereafter. Promotional code valid for 12 months of Hulu (With Ads) while you maintain a qualifying Go5G Next line or 2+ qualifying Go5G Plus or Magenta Max lines in good standing and register with account that received invitation. After expiration of the 12 month promotional period, consumer action will be required to continue complimentary Hulu (With Ads) subscription; fi no action is taken, Hulu (With Ads) subscription auto-renews at $7.99/month or then-current regular monthly price. Cancel anytime, effective at the end of your billing period unless otherwise disclosed. No refunds or credits for partial months. One Hulu offer per eligible T-Mobile account. Offer available to new and returning Hulu subscribers only. Use of the Hulu service is subject to the Hulu Subscriber Agreement. Access to complimentary Hulu (With Ads) subscription begins upon redemption of code. Any Hulu plan switch after redemption of this offer wil result in offer forfeiture. Terminating the qualifying wireless line wil end T-Mobile as payment method, but may not automatically cancel your Hulu subscription. Like al plans, features may change or be discontinued at any time; see T-Mobile Terms and Conditions at T-Mobile.com for details.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A BAIT AND SWITCH ATTEMPT.  THEY SHOULD BE HELD TO WHAT THEY POSTED.  IT IS 1/25/24 AND STILL POSTED.

Went to T-Mobile account page to sign up for the Hulu on us offer and it is no where to be found. Did they change their mind on this offer?

I was wondering the very EXACT...Same Thing!!!

Badge

The link above from YankFan worked for me and I've got MagentaMax.

Thanks.  I was going crazy trying to find the link on the tmobile site. 

I have 2 lines on Magenta Max 55+ and using the link above was informed my plan doesn’t qualify.  The support line told me the same thing but offered to switch me to the Go5g plan for around $70 more.

“Changed their minds” is a nice way to say they lied to us. I’m on Magenta Max and got the same text and I have a copy of the text stating my Magenta Max plan was included. Some Magenta Max subscribers say they were able to get Hulu using a promotions link that has been posted lots of places but it seems like that was a fluke that didn’t work for most people including me. TMO used to be the cellphone company with the best customer service. Used to be as in no longer! (But I did get the “upgrade” from Netflix Standard to Netflix with ads!!)

I received a text from T-Mobile on the 3rd of January with the following,

“T-Mobile: Exciting news! You're eligible for a new streaming benefit with Hulu, starting January 24, 2024. We're all about giving you more from the brands you love. Learn more t-mo.co/HuluInfo1”

I Magenta Max. Nowhere have I found on my account the statement the quote cited above that two lines to obtain Hulu with Magenta Max. The option to add Hulu through my account is not available.

Paying for their new version of Max has little advantage other than more data, that I won’t use or need, and Hulu for more than I was paying outright. In short this is a dodge to simply raise revenue for T-Mobile.

In fact I canceled my paying subscription to Hulu in favor of obtaining the service via T-Mobile. But now it would appear that T-Mobile’s statements earlier this month were either incomplete or in fact T-Mobile changed the “deal” in preparation for the introduction on the 24th.

Simply put I’m not going along with T-Mobile’s somewhat obvious scheme to raise revenue. And while I have always thought highly of the company this less than transparent scheme has substantively changed my outlook on the company for the worse.

Don't give up if you have two or more lines of Go5gplus or Magenta Max. Go here: https://promotions.t-mobile.com/huluonus

This was probably just a short-term glitch while they were quietly reversing the promise to include Magenta Max customers. The link doesn’t work anymore but glad to hear a few people were able to get what they were promised.

This was probably just a short-term glitch while they were quietly reversing the promise to include Magenta Max customers. The link doesn’t work anymore but glad to hear a few people were able to get what they were promised.

Tried the link and received denied, Max is not eligible. And as cited not paying for Go5gplus, though I have two lines but was told sorry have to upgrade.

I’m just going to reactivate my Hulu and be bitter about T-Mobile wasting my time for the balance of today. Sigh.

Userlevel 2
Badge

This should be reported to the Ohio Atty General’s office as a “bait and switch” scheme. Everytime that I call customer service I get someone who I can barely understand who is in the Philippines!

This should be reported to the Ohio Atty General’s office as a “bait and switch” scheme. Everytime that I call customer service I get someone who I can barely understand who is in the Philippines!

Companies can make mistakes but at least TMO should have sent a revised text letting us know the offer no longer included Max, plus an apology for the mistaken text three weeks ago. Instead, their customer service reps are just telling people to shell out more money for a more expensive plan. Is it la bait and switch? I doubt it started that way but their unwillingness to admit their mistake and communicate with us is ridiculous and perhaps rises to illegality in some states. Relying on third world customer service agents to sort this out obviously is no solution. Chances are none of them even understand the issue!

You’d think someone from the company would respond in this thread!!

I decided to call T-Mobile and said “something else” as my menu option to speak to a representative about this offer.  You’ll need your T-Mobile account pin # to verify your account.  The agent said that IF you received the text message inviting you to get Hulu, you ARE ELIGIBLE for the promotion even if you don’t have GO5G or Magenta Max.  It is for a promotional free 6 month subscription only and they send you a special link to sign up on Hulus website.  I don’t know if this is just a 6 month promotional offer for those with higher level T-Mobile accounts or a permanent free subscription like Netflix. Keep tabs on this “Free” offer because after 6 months you start paying for it, thus you would have to start paying $7.99/month (or current pricing) if you don’t go to Hulu to cancel in time.

I decided to call T-Mobile and said “something else” as my menu option to speak to a representative about this offer.  You’ll need your T-Mobile account pin # to verify your account.  The agent said that IF you received the text message inviting you to get Hulu, you ARE ELIGIBLE for the promotion, even if you don’t have GO5G or Magenta Max. The agent thought T-MOBILE would send a new text link after 24th but they didn’t so you have to call for the link.  It is for a promotional free 6 month subscription only and they send you a special link to sign up on Hulus website.  I don’t know if this is just a 6 month promotional offer for those with higher level T-Mobile accounts or a permanent free subscription like Netflix. Keep tabs on this “Free” offer because after 6 months you start paying for it, thus you would have to start paying $7.99/month (or current pricing) if you don’t go to Hulu to cancel in time.

This is text link message that T-MOBILE agent sent me but they may have to activate it on their end first.  
“Thanks for contacting T-Mobile and your interest in our Hulu (with Ads) On Us 6 month offer. It’s easy to register for the offer:1.Click https://promotions.t-mobile.com/hulu6monthsonus 2.Select Continue and select T-Mobile Customer and you will be redirected to login3.Sign in using your T-Mobile ID and password.4.Review the promotion terms and enter your details, click Continue5.“Thanks” page is displayed with next steps, click “Redeem Now”6.You will be taken to Hulu landing page to subscribe for 6 months of Hulu (with Ads) On Us.”

I was just told that although I’m eligible for the Hulu benefit, I would have to upgrade my free Netflix to a paid subscription costing $10 a month.  Which is more than I could pay for Hulu independently. Apparently if you have the Netflix on T-Mobile, they are saying you’re not eligible for the Hulu.  Poor marketing on their part.

See my response on other’s messages with promo  link.

Userlevel 2
Badge

this is what I received:

Coming Soon: Hulu ON US!

We're excited to introduce a new streaming benefit for our valued customers on select plans, starting January 24, 2024. Now you can enjoy Hulu’s huge streaming library including full seasons of exclusive series, current episodes, Hulu Originals, hit movies, and more— with ads – ON US, for a limited time. Additional terms apply. Hulu will require your credit card information to redeem this offer. No worries – It’s still ON US! If there's any action to avoid charges later, we'll notify you with easy instructions.

Enroll in this exciting offer starting January 24. If you'd like to be notified when this benefit becomes available, please go to My T-Mobile and update your contact preferences to receive marketing messages via SMS from us.

After 12 months consumer action may be required to continue Hulu (With Ads) On Us or subscription auto-renews at $7.99/month or then-current regular monthly price. See Full terms.

Full terms 

Offer subject to change. Register for promotional code at promotions.t-mobile.com after 1/24/24 and complete redemption via Hulu within 30 days thereafter. Promotional code valid for 12 months of Hulu (With Ads) while you maintain a qualifying Go5G Next line or 2+ qualifying Go5G Plus or Magenta Max lines in good standing and register with account that received invitation. After expiration of the 12 month promotional period, consumer action will be required to continue complimentary Hulu (With Ads) subscription; if no action is taken, Hulu (With Ads) subscription auto-renews at $7.99/month or then-current regular monthly price. Cancel anytime, effective at the end of your billing period unless otherwise disclosed. No refunds or credits for partial months. One Hulu offer per eligible T-Mobile account. Offer available to new and returning Hulu subscribers only. Use of the Hulu service is subject to the Hulu Subscriber Agreement. Access to complimentary Hulu (With Ads) subscription begins upon redemption of code. Any Hulu plan switch after redemption of this offer will result in offer forfeiture. Terminating the qualifying wireless line will end T-Mobile as payment method, but may not automatically cancel your Hulu subscription. Like all plans, features may change or be discontinued at any time; see T-Mobile Terms and Conditions at T-Mobile.com for details.

Was this helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Please look at this page on T-Mobile own site. Check out the last paragraph listed “Full terms”. It clearly says those with Magenta Max is included.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/rs219

•  

Hi