Blog

T-Mobile and MLB

T-Mobile and MLB
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did y’all know that T-Mobile has been partnering with MLB for 10 years?!?!?! Wow!

We love this partnership because it means that our customers are able to stream MILLIONS of hours of MLB.TV for free. #WeWontStop! We are offering FREE MLB.TV again for the 2023 regular season.

The MLB.TV regular season subscription is a must have for every baseball fan because it gives access to EVERY 2023 out-of-market regular season game LIVE or on demand and EVERY in-market regular season game on demand. It also includes an expanded library of premium content for subscribers including baseball documentaries, classic programming, and World Series films, in addition to news, highlights, and access to archived games.

My dad loves baseball. Catching every game can be difficult because the season goes over the summer which is also when he gets more time to spend with his grandkids. If we have family time during a game, he can still enjoy his time with us and stream the game later, so he never misses a pitch. With the MLB.TV app, he can also watch when he is sitting at the doctor’s office or waiting in the car for my mom to finish shopping.

Don’t miss your chance to get the 2023 MLB Regular Season subscription to MLB.TV (a $149.99 value) by going to the T-Mobile Tuesdays app beginning Tuesday, March 28, 2023, at 5:00 a.m. ET through Tuesday, April 4, 2023, 4:59 a.m. ET.

Want to know more about T-Mobile’s partnership with MLB and our offer? Click here

Want more information about the MLB.TV subscription benefits and restrictions? Visit MLB

Need a list of devices that are compatible with MLB.TV? Here you go

By taking advantage of free MLB.TV from T-Mobile, you will receive limited commercial emails related to MLB.TV and your one-year subscription.  Redeem and sign up for MLB.TV between March 28, 2023 at 5:00 a.m. ET and April 4, 2023, 4:59 a.m. ET to receive a free subscription to MLB.TV for the 2023 season. Limited-time offer, subject to change. Only for T-Mobile, Sprint and Metro by T-Mobile customers on qualifying plans who have T-Mobile Tuesdays. Sign up through the T-Mobile Tuesdays App.  Sharing of accounts is prohibited; not for use on other carriers' wireless devices. Blackout and other restrictions apply, see MLB.TV for details. T-Mobile, Sprint and Metro by T-Mobile customers who redeem this offer may also access premium features of the MLB app for the 2023 season at no additional cost.  Available at Google Play or Apple App Store.  Compatible device required.  Additional in-app purchases not included.  Data usage may apply.  ©2023 – Official Licensee of Major League Baseball Players Association.  Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball.  Visit MLB.com.

26 replies

I seem only to be able to watch all MLB games on my cell phone, but not my TV or tablet. Is this right? I can watch only one game today on the season’s opening day on my TV and tablet.

I redeemed on T-Mobile Tuesdays and I am unable to watch on any device except my iPhone. The last 2 years I logged onto MLB.com and was able to watch on any device. Now it says I have to pay to upgrade--even though I redeemed. Can someone help--T-Mobile support was no help. Am I supposed to use my t-mobile credentials when I log on to MLB? Help

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I seem only to be able to watch all MLB games on my cell phone, but not my TV or tablet. Is this right? I can watch only one game today on the season’s opening day on my TV and tablet.

You should be able to watch all the great goings-on on your phone, tablet, and with many TV options. MLB.TV That page shows you can use Roku, Android TV, AppleTV, and more. You want to make sure that you have the MLB TV app installed on whatever device you are trying to watch on and it is signed in with the same username and password that you used to redeem the MLB TV offer. 

These are the starting points, so you have probably already done those. You may also want to review the blackout restrictions for your area to double check that it is not reducing the content you see. 

If it is getting all of the content on your phone, then I am confident that your subscription is active. It would be helpful to know what error you are getting when you try to watch the other games that you are interested in. 

When I log onto my MLB account on my laptop or Television it says I must upgrade--it only works on the phone but last year it worked on TV and laptop

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

When I log onto my MLB account on my laptop or Television it says I must upgrade--it only works on the phone but last year it worked on TV and laptop

Both the app and the website have this account icon. When you go to the account settings on the app and the website, do the emails match? On the website after checking the email under account settings, go to manage subscriptions and select Current Subscriptions. Mine says MLB.TV T-Mobile 2023. Do you see that there or something else?

To be safe I was going to change my password on both the app and the website--and make sure they are the same. I see how to do on the website but not on the app--I went to account settings on the app but saw no way to change password. Am I missing something

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

To be safe I was going to change my password on both the app and the website--and make sure they are the same. I see how to do on the website but not on the app--I went to account settings on the app but saw no way to change password. Am I missing something

The email and password should be the same for the website and the app. When you update it on the website it will automatically update for the app too. 

This is not working for me. I have redeemed every year and don’t remember this problem.

Redeemed successfully on my iPhone. I can watch MLB TV games on my iPhone.

Desktop browser? No. 
Roku? No.

I log in fine. But it asks that I upgrade.

Something is not right. I’ve cleared caches, reinstalled the Roku app. Same problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

These are the steps that I have when attempting to watch on a device other than your phone. Try these and let me know how it goes. 

1. Open your MLB app on the device you are trying to watch on.
  2. Tap on the "More" tab.
  3. Tap on "Account" in the upper right.
  4. Tap on "Connect Purchase to MLB" and log in with your registered MLB account email and password or register for a new account.  

I don’t see tab for “More”.

I’m unable to watch my favorite team play because it tells me there is a blackout restriction in my area. Turns out that my IP address says I’m in another state where the blackout would apply. Does anyone know how to change my T-Mobile IP address to reflect my actual location? Thank you!!

Can I please get a new subscription link for MLB.tv?

I redeemed the offer and was then out of the country for 2 weeks. Now, the promotion is over and my MLB account says I have no subscription…

Why only have a one week window to subscribe if it’s for all TMobile users? Should be an anytime during the season promotion.

Okay, to follow-up. Everything is working now. The apps needed updating and all is good on all devices.

I redeemed the offer and was then out of the country for 2 weeks. Now, the promotion is over and my MLB account says I have no subscription…

Why only have a one week window to subscribe if it’s for all TMobile users? Should be an anytime during the season promotion.

Yes 🙌!!! I agree! Bring Spring Break , I was not around checking the 1-2 week window, either! To make matters worse, I previously had this offer and have been a customer since 2019… yet all I was told today was “ no, nothing can be done since I missed it”? Wow!   I am so frustrated, and  an added fact to anyone reading this… I’m a           sprint /T-Mobile customer who supposedly has been “migrated to T-Mobile “, yet I just upgraded on 2/17/23 with iPhone 14 and now I’m in a contract that obviously im stuck in. Yet, I’m told is T-Mobile. However, today I was told “ if I pay it off and upgrade to T-Mobile ONLY, I can get the silly mlb free access “. So, to anyone who is T-Mobile, ONLY and not sprint T-Mobile… I’d contact them and see why you can’t access it because apparently I could if “ ONLY I WAS A T-MOBILE CUSTOMER, “ but I’m a “sprint T-Mobile  customer “ ergo, I’d have to pay off the remaining $900 and

“ pivot over to T-Mobile “    Just a bunch of strange nonsense  , so good luck to you all. :::SMH:::   

sincerely ,

AT&T customer effective May 2023   

I claimed the offer a couple weeks ago and signed up, but MLB charged me for the month already.  How do I link this so that it gets paid through my T-Mobile acct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I claimed the offer a couple weeks ago and signed up, but MLB charged me for the month already.  How do I link this so that it gets paid through my T-Mobile acct?

When you claimed the offer, did you go through the redemption steps in the T-Mobile Tuesdays app? It should have had you sign in to your MLB account and then show the subscription is the active.

Yes, but it got charged through my Google Play account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yes 🙌!!! I agree! Bring Spring Break , I was not around checking the 1-2 week window, either! To make matters worse, I previously had this offer and have been a customer since 2019… yet all I was told today was “ no, nothing can be done since I missed it”? Wow!   I am so frustrated, and  an added fact to anyone reading this… I’m a           sprint /T-Mobile customer who supposedly has been “migrated to T-Mobile “, yet I just upgraded on 2/17/23 with iPhone 14 and now I’m in a contract that obviously im stuck in. Yet, I’m told is T-Mobile. However, today I was told “ if I pay it off and upgrade to T-Mobile ONLY, I can get the silly mlb free access “. So, to anyone who is T-Mobile, ONLY and not sprint T-Mobile… I’d contact them and see why you can’t access it because apparently I could if “ ONLY I WAS A T-MOBILE CUSTOMER, “ but I’m a “sprint T-Mobile  customer “ ergo, I’d have to pay off the remaining $900 and

“ pivot over to T-Mobile “    Just a bunch of strange nonsense  , so good luck to you all. :::SMH:::   

sincerely ,

because your technically still Sprint and the offer is TMO. you’ll need an actual TMO account and not one that is still a Sprint pass over.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes, but it got charged through my Google Play account.

You will want to double check the email that you used for your MLB account. It has happened before where people sign up for our T-Mobile Tuesdays offer and create a new MLB account instead of signing in with their existing account. That leads to that person having two accounts, one that is paid for by the T-Mobile promotion and one that is linked to a different payment method (like your google account).

Once you verify that you have only one MLB account, you can log into the MLB.TV website, open the menu by selecting the little person icon in the top right of the page, and then select manage subscriptions. Select the Current Subscriptions option and make sure that yours says “You are currently subscribed to MLB.TV through the 2023 T-Mobile Tuesdays Promotion.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

sincerely ,

because your technically still Sprint and the offer is TMO. you’ll need an actual TMO account and not one that is still a Sprint pass over.

The offer was available for T-Mobile, Sprint, and Metro by T-Mobile customers as long as they had access to the T-Mobile Tuesdays app. I know that life gets busy and we are not always checking certain apps religiously, but the MLB offer was a limited time offer that you were able to redeem and set up any time between Tuesday, March 28, 2023, at 5:00 a.m. ET through Tuesday, April 4, 2023, 5:00 a.m. ET. Sometimes you can save an offer in the Tuesdays app and then redeem it at a later time, but this offer required the redemptions steps be done before April 4th at 5am ET. Even if you add a new line or migrate over to T-Mobile, this offer is expired and you wouldn’t be able to sign up for it. I am not sure why anyone would have told you that if you migrate to T-Mobile, the offer window would be overlooked. 

I know it is extremely frustrating when you miss out on an offer, but there are new offers every week. If you haven’t already, check it out today and see what awesome-sauce we have going on this week. 

Nope...used same email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Nope...used same email.

Ok cool. So what does it say when you log in to the website and look at the Current Subscriptions?

Takes me to my Google subs.  But it's not under my Google acct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Sorry if I am asking too many questions here. When you go in the browser (like Chrome) and log into the MLB.TV website, the current subscription button takes you to a Google page that shows you your Google subscriptions? 

When I click on Current Subscriptions, it is a dropdown and has the message about the Tuesdays offer. That is why I am confused about it taking you to another page. I just want to know what it says when you select that drop down. 

No bother.  I was actually looking from my mobile.  When I go the site on my desktop, it should my subscription but says I made the purchase via the Google Play Store.  I did download it from the Store, but that was from the link that given to me from the T-Mobile Tuesday app.