Question

HELP oneplus10t locked. ARGENTINA

Badge

Hello everyone! Help. I'm from Argentina and I bought a new OnePlus 10T from eBay. The device was supposed to be unlocked, but it turns out it's locked to T-Mobile and I can't use it with my carrier. T-Mobile customer support couldn't help me. Any ideas? I'm willing to pay off any outstanding balance if necessary. Regards.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Take it to your local cellphone repair shop to see if they can unlock it for a fee or try an online unlocking service.  T-Mobile only SIM unlocks devices for customers whose devices and accounts meet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements.  

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You may need to work with Ebay to return the device and get your money back. If it is not unlocked when it is given to you, it can be really hard to get it legitimately unlocked. Sad but true. 

Badge

You may need to work with Ebay to return the device and get your money back. If it is not unlocked when it is given to you, it can be really hard to get it legitimately unlocked. Sad but true. 

"The problem is that in my country there are many taxes on the dollar, and I will lose that money if I have to return it. Also, the nearest shipping point is 400 km away. I need to unlock it."

Badge

Take it to your local cellphone repair shop to see if they can unlock it for a fee or try an online unlocking service.  T-Mobile only SIM unlocks devices for customers whose devices and accounts meet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements.  

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

"In Argentina, I can't find anyone who can do this job. I tried to pay for the service, but they couldn't do it."

4o

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Unfortunately, when you purchase a phone from a resell site like that, you risk running into this kind of issue. So many people take advantage of others by falsely selling their old phones. 😔

You can try reaching out to our T-Force team by sending a message using the Facebook or X icon at the bottom on this page. They are a wonderful team that works with device unlocks all the time. They can review the eligibility requirements and the phone itself to see if it meets the requirements. If it does, they can help you with next steps to get the device unlocked. 

Badge

Unfortunately, when you purchase a phone from a resell site like that, you risk running into this kind of issue. So many people take advantage of others by falsely selling their old phones. 😔

You can try reaching out to our T-Force team by sending a message using the Facebook or X icon at the bottom on this page. They are a wonderful team that works with device unlocks all the time. They can review the eligibility requirements and the phone itself to see if it meets the requirements. If it does, they can help you with next steps to get the device unlocked. 

Regards i send a message by facebook….