I bought a phone from someone, i found it is coded on T- mobile

How much it cost to decode it, please?

icon

Best answer by drnewcomb 14 June 2024, 18:27

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to be a Tmobile customer to be eligible for an unlock code.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

My advice is to get your money back from this “someone”. The phone will only be usable on T-Mobile (US) and may be on the verge of being blacklisted. There are only three reasons why someone would not unlock this phone 1) ignorance or 2) not eligible 3) fraud.  In the first case, the original owner can cure the problem. In the second, only the original owner can fix it by fulfilling the conditions for unlocking. In the third, there’s little or nothing that can be done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Currently, it seems clear, at least according to Swappa.  As mentioned, T-Mobile only SIM unlocks devices for customers, their accounts, and devices that meet the requirements of the SIM Unlock Policy. 

SIM Unlock Policy | Unlock Your Mobile Wireless Device | T-Mobile

You could always try an online SIM unlocking service or your local cellphone repair shop to see if the s22 can be SIM unlocked for a fee.  

Badge

thank you very much for you responses and advice.

I just want to contact customer service in T-Mobile to give me the cost of unlocking SIM card to all cards. i am out of USA nowadays, I want to use different SIM card.

PLEASE just send me the right link to contact T-Mobile employees

Thank you all 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

thank you very much for you responses and advice.

I just want to contact customer service in T-Mobile to give me the cost of unlocking SIM card to all cards. i am out of USA nowadays, I want to use different SIM card.

PLEASE just send me the right link to contact T-Mobile employees

Thank you all 

You can't purchase a SIM unlock from T-Mobile.  They do not offer that service.  SIM unlocks are for customers only whose device and account meets all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements.

Badge

Currently, it seems clear, at least according to Swappa.  As mentioned, T-Mobile only SIM unlocks devices for customers, their accounts, and devices that meet the requirements of the SIM Unlock Policy. 

You could always try an online SIM unlocking service or your local cellphone repair shop to see if the s22 can be SIM unlocked for a fee.  

i followed the steps of unlocking in your link above, it send me this text : the phone isn’t eligible to be unlocked. the reason code : 14,9

what does that mean, please??

Badge

i followed the steps of unlocking in your link above, it send me this text : the phone isn’t eligible to be unlocked. the reason code : 14,9

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It means, the device does not meet the SIM Unlock Policy requirements.  Which considtion(s) it doesn't meet, I don't know.  But T-Mobile will not SIM unlock it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

To summarize, the usage requirements for being a Tmobile customer is basically the cost of the unlock code.

Since your not a customer you don't meet the requirements.