Solved

I'm a T mobile customer how do i unlock a metro pcs phone to use on my t mobile account?

• 19 August 2023
  • 10 replies

Badge

I'm a t mobile customer, I bought a metro pcs phone thinking it's compatible with t mobile but it's locked.. how do I unlock this metro pcs phone to use on my t mobile account..I called metro pcs and they said I have to wait X amount of days.. is there any other way I can unlock this phone to use for t mobile, instead of waiting those days, even if I have to pay a small fee??

icon

Best answer by syaoran 22 August 2023, 15:10

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you’ll need to contact Metro.. if this was purchased as a used phone then the original owner will need to have it unlocked..as long as it meets all their requirements for the Metro side.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I'm a t mobile customer, I bought a metro pcs phone thinking it's compatible with t mobile but it's locked.. how do I unlock this metro pcs phone to use on my t mobile account..I called metro pcs and they said I have to wait X amount of days.. is there any other way I can unlock this phone to use for t mobile, instead of waiting those days, even if I have to pay a small fee??

What type of phone? If it's an Android you can temporarily unlock the phone till you can find an alternative solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If you bought the device from a Metro PCS store.  Return it for a refund minus the restocking fee.  SIM unlocks for Metro devices must meet all of the Metro by T-Mobile SIM unlock requirements.  If you bought the phone second hand or off of a website like Ebay.  The original owner would have to request the SIM unlock if their account and the device meets the SIM unlock requirements that Metro by T-Mobile has.  You might want to check the sellers return policy to see if they accept returns.  If it is an Android device.  You can more than likely get it SIM unlocked for a fee through various online SIM unlocking services for a fee or at your local cellphone repair shop for a fee.  

T-Mobile is currently assisting us in unlocking 2 new metro/tmobile bought phones. We paid about $70 for each phone & have been told they are going to get them activated as they have merged metro. So far it has been 4 days waiting in line & hopefully soon we will get them working. I have faith 🙏 ✨️ 😌 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

TMO owns metro..there was no merger..same as in here Metro will have certain requirements that must be met in order to unlock it..you paid who $70 for each phone?

T-Mobile is currently assisting us in unlocking 2 new metro/tmobile bought phones. We paid about $70 for each phone & have been told they are going to get them activated as they have merged metro. So far it has been 4 days waiting in line & hopefully soon we will get them working. I have faith 🙏 ✨️ 😌 My faith is diminishing FAST!

This is utter deception by both Metro & T-Mobile. They sold these phones without specific labeling to ensure no confusion to the consumers. These phone when powering on come up with the pink T-Mobile logo display. 🙄 unless you know how to find the unlock section the phones do do state they are by Metro. The sealed boxes are the same no needed consumer info. Hence deception pure & simple ugly buisness practices #IMHO Shame on both #Metro & # TMobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

who did you pay $70 each to for these phones? TMO? Metro? someone from ebay?

National Products Sales in Utah

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

ok so not from TMO...or Metro for that matter..purchasing TMO/Metro devices NOT from either of them means you must meet the criteria required from both in order to unlock them..the fact that you purchased them from someone else means nothing..the requirements must be met.

Device eligibility is determined as follows:

• The device must be sold by T-Mobile.
  • The device must not be reported as lost, stolen or blocked.
  • The account associated with the device must be in good standing.
  • The device must also satisfy all the Postpaid or Prepaid unlocking requirements outlined below.

Unlock eligibility for mobile devices on Postpaid plans

• The device must have been active on the T‑Mobile network for at least 40 days on the requesting line.
  • If the device was financed or leased through T‑Mobile then all payments must be satisfied and the device must be paid in full.
  • If the device is associated with a canceled account, then the account balance must be zero.
  • T‑Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply.

Unlock eligibility for mobile devices on Prepaid plans

• At least  365 days  must have passed since the device was activated on the T Mobile network.
  • If the device was activated less than 365 days ago, then the   Prepaid account associated with the device must have had more than $100 in refills during that period for each line active on the account.  In   addition, more than 14 days must have passed since the device was purchased.
  • No more than 2 mobile device unlocks have been complete per line of service in the last 12 months.
  • T‑Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

and this is just for TMO..not even the requirements for the Metro side.

T-Mobile executive response rep did help us out before Christmas and we are very happy 😊