Question

Promises, promises

• 30 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have now had two lengthy, detailed in-app chats with customer support in an effort to complete unlocking my wife’s iPhone.  In each conversation, I was assured I would get email instructions within 24 hours for executing the unlock.  What’s the deal?  Do the customer support reps just tell you anything to get rid of you?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Actually once the phone is unlocked you get an sms message from Tmobile. They sent me them to me the last 2 times my phone were unlocked.

Out of curiosity was the phone purchased? If it was a reseller the imei number may not be in Tmobile's system.

Badge

Yes, I bought the phone at a reseller. In any event, in all three conversations with T-Mobile CSRs they were aware of that fact, they knew of my longevity with T-Mobile, and - - in fact - - one told me I would hear from Apple. I thought that was curious.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If that the case I suggest contacting tmobile support using messenger on Facebook or Twitter since the support team has handled these types of issues before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did they put the phones correct info into the TMO system? usually non TMO purchased phones info gets all wonky and if they dont match up the unlock doesnt happen.