Service

Badge

I have been trying to remove my adult son’s line from my account for over a month now.  I divorced a year ago and removed another child from my account at that time.  Now the adult son’s device is locked and we can’t get it unlocked.  My current account says his phone is paid for.  Now they won’t unlock the device because they say there are still 8 months of installments left.  When asked how much the installments are they say they don’t know.  They say it’s from a previous account though the T mobile account has always been in my name.  They can’t find a previous account.  After 5 phone calls and a 50 minute conversation with a manager my call was dropped.  You’d think the manager would call me back because he has my phone number?  Oh noooooooo!

gramps28 1 year ago

Is it an Android? If so you can request a temporary unlock until things can be straighted out.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

was the device ever insurance swapped out? might be why theyre saying it still has payments on it. if this is the case TMO would need to go into your account and into his/her line and update the info for the new device over the older devices info.

is the account and line still in use with TMO or was the phone already removed but now youre trying to unlock it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is it an Android? If so you can request a temporary unlock until things can be straighted out.