Solved

Unlock code 132

Badge

Long term customer, purchased Tmobile Galaxy S21 3 years ago on Ebay. Trying to do network unlock, and get reason code 132. T-mobile is not much help. How can I get this unlocked. T-mobile says it was not purchased through them

icon

Best answer by tidbits 16 May 2023, 13:12

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If the imei isn't in their system they can't unlock it so check to see if the seller is still active on ebay and contact them to see where the phone came from.

Badge

Unfortunately can’t contact the seller anymore. It is a T-mobile phone, I’ve been a customer for over 15 years and T-Mobile can’t help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Just because it is a T-Mobile USA phone doesn’t mean it was purchased from T-Mobile directly.  Stores like BestBuy sell devices from T-Mobile where the IMEI needs to be entered into the system by the retailer or having it added through Customer Care by submitting the original retailer receipt for the device.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did you use it on TMO for those 3 years or you just bought it 3 years ago and now want it unlocked?

Badge

I used it on TMO for 3 years. Upgraded to a S23 and just want it unlocked so i can give it to my nephew.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I used it on TMO for 3 years. Upgraded to a S23 and just want it unlocked so i can give it to my nephew.

If the S23 hasn't been in use on the network for at least 40 days if the device is fully paid off.  It is not eligible.for a SIM unlock.  All of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements for your active account and device must be met to be eligible for a SaiM unlock from T-Mobile.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Badge

I purchased my S21 and my S23 not through T-Mobile. Both phones are fully paid off. Like i said, had my S21 for 3 years, and purchased a S23 2 month ago.

The S21 that I want unlocked, has the starting T-Mobile logo, in Settings and apps it all says T-Mobile. It also shows up in my account tab, but TMO says it’s not registered on their network? wth

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you buy them from Samsung directly? If so the imei numbers are not in Tmobile's data base.

Badge

I believe I bought it off eBay.  But even if buying from eBay or Samsung, the phone is T-Mobile locked and branded, so why can't they unlock?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile didn't sell the phone since the imei isn't in their system.

If you bought the phones off ebay they may have been from the Grey market.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I believe I bought it off eBay.  But even if buying from eBay or Samsung, the phone is T-Mobile locked and branded, so why can't they unlock?

To unlock a device it has to be in T-Mobile IMEI database.  ANY device sold by a 3rd party the OEM has to send that IMEI to T-Mobile to ADD it to that database.  If it isn’t added then T-Mobile does not know it is theirs.  Just because it says T-Mobile on it they will not add it due to security and liability issues.  You need the original receipt to get it unlocked.  You need either Samsung(The right department) to send the IMEI to T-Mobile OR have the original receipt and give it to T-Force and they can talk to the right department to make sure it isn’t blacklisted and verify the IMEI to be put into the database. 

Badge

Ok, I bought the phone of Samsung, and it was T-Mobile locket. I contacted Samsung, and that is what they said:

I really do apologize for the misinformation that T-Mobile provided to you, and to be honest this is their tactics in order not to support any customers they are trying to push customers back to its manufacturer, and just to be cleared the correct information is only the carrier are the one who has an authority to unlock any carrier locked device to their network, since the device were registered to their network, us as the manufacturer of the phone doesn't have any authority to access their system

What I can suggest now is to contact again your carrier to unlock your device and share with them the IMEI of your phone, if in case that they still pushed you back to us, you can do a 3 way call with our phone support so that you do have a Samsung Care Pro at your side who can help you with them. You can reach our Phone support at 1-800-726-7864