Question

gateway restart avery few minutes

• 3 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I just got my T-mobile gateway  last week

everything was okay but this sunday   All my home devices was with out wi-fi  line 🤔🤔🤔 i walked to the gateway and i notice this was starting on  as the first time  , 

i wait into get complete on   After 5 minutes the same thing happen  again , today is monday and i still having the same time but now that happen about every hour the gateway automatic restart 

very very annoying!  Due to I have smart speaker  and every hour the music stop . Due to not internet  (so the problem is why the gateway restar by it self every couple minutes )

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It rather sounds as if the gateway might have a physical problem. Check to see if the power cable is properly seated on both ends. If power to the gateway is secure and consistent then the problem may be with the gateway itself. I suppose it might be a software bug but I would lean toward a hardware issue. You might also check to make sure it is not running hot. Heat related problems could possibly cause it to restart. If you have a fan you could use on it to make sure it stays cool that might help. 

I suppose there might be a chance something external has an influence on the gateway. If you have the gateway plugged into a conditioned power source such as a UPS system or a power strip that does filter noise from the power line that could also be tried. If there are no obvious external influences contact support, explain the behavior, and see if they will sent a replacement. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

could end up being the power supply cord as well. is it just a cord or does it have a box somewhere along it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If there is a T-Mobile store close by that has the gateway & power cable maybe you could get a power cable/transformer to confirm if possibly it is only the power cable. They will probably send a power cable/transformer pretty quickly. That would be a simple and quick path to take. 

Badge

I was having a similar issue with my gateway… my signal just drops 6-8 times a day and lasts longer each time it goes out. I called T-Mobile Support and they were able to ship a new gateway out to me. Except… I am having the same issue and now my cellphone randomly looses signal at the same time. I’ve been on business calls and the phone drops the call and then I can see that I have no signal on my phone or the gateway. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That sounds like the signal from the tower is dropping. I wonder if T-Mobile has done a cellular upgrade there from n71 to n41. Seen that before. 

I just got my T-mobile gateway  last week

everything was okay but this sunday   All my home devices was with out wi-fi  line 🤔🤔🤔 i walked to the gateway and i notice this was starting on  as the first time  , 

i wait into get complete on   After 5 minutes the same thing happen  again , today is monday and i still having the same time but now that happen about every hour the gateway automatic restart 

very very annoying!  Due to I have smart speaker  and every hour the music stop . Due to not internet  (so the problem is why the gateway restar by it self every couple minutes )

Exactly the same thing here. They are sending me a new one.