Home Internet and Outlook

  • 30 September 2022
  • 7 replies


When connected to TMobile Home Internet, I encounter several problems with Outlook. Same problems occur when iPhone connected to TMobile Home Internet network. I still have previous cable service as well and these problems not occurring. And no issues when actually at work or other other networks. So, appears to be issue with TMobile not Outlook. 

Anyone experience this? Any suggestions how to fix?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You might want to be a bit more specific. We use a version prior to Office 365 and it works fine.

  • Outlook 2016 for Windows and Mac. ... 
  • Outlook on the web. ... 
  • ... 
  • Outlook for iOS and Android. ... 
  • Mail and Calendar for Windows 10.

The issue occurs on desktop on Outlook 365. Also on Outlook on web and mail app on iOS. No messages receiving/sending. Does not happen when off TMobile network.

same here. i am having issues with all my office 365 applications. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I don’t have a firm answer to this behavior but I suspect it is related to the TCP or UDP ports used. The client will attempt to establish the session with the cloud server and if the ports are blocked that is likely the reason for the failure. Analysis of a packet capture with Wireshark would provide clarity. Of course that takes an understanding of the process. I decided to move away from the Microsoft solution and have gone with Linux and open source software so I have not been using Office 365. There might be some conversation on Reddit about this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The Microsoft 365 network connectivity principles article might help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8 I found this link via the Microsoft article. 

I called tmobile home internet support. They removed my physical home address where modem is located and added it back on. That resetted some sort of connection. Now my office worked. This was after my IT team repaired, then uninstalled and re-installed Office 365, current office version is 2208.