How I Got FTP Working on T-mobile Home Internet for Webcam and WX Station

• 16 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I was attempting to get my Axis 211 webcam and Davis weather station to auto-upload data via FTP with the new T-mobile wifi router that just arrived.  FTP was failing with errors, and T-mobile support knew nothing about FTP via their access point.  After experimenting, I found that using Passive FTP mode for both the webcam and Davis weather station software solved the problem.  (Note that others in this forum suggest that Active FTP is the answer.)  In my installation, the webcam is connected via ethernet, and the webcam via 2.4 GHz wifi link.

My T-mobile wifi router uses subnet 12 (non configurable).  And, if the IP address is non-dynamic (as for my webcam), remember to set that up correctly on the webcam.

4 replies

thanks

Badge

I was attempting to get my Axis 211 webcam and Davis weather station to auto-upload data via FTP with the new T-mobile wifi router that just arrived.  FTP was failing with errors, and T-mobile support knew nothing about FTP via their access point.  After experimenting, I found that using Passive FTP mode for both the webcam and Davis weather station software solved the problem.  (Note that others in this forum suggest that Active FTP is the answer.)  In my installation, the webcam is connected via ethernet, and the weather station via 2.4 GHz wifi link.

My T-mobile wifi router uses subnet 12 (non configurable).  And, if the IP address is non-dynamic (as for my webcam), remember to set that up correctly on the webcam.

Badge

FAST 5688W

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Reed, which T-Mobile 5G gateway do you have?