Question

How to use T-Mobile YouTube TV promo if I already subscribe to it?

• 6 January 2022
  • 10 replies

Badge

I am already a YouTube TV subscriber.  How do I use the promo without starting a new service?

10 replies

Not true, you DO NOT have to cancel and restart. I got the link texted to me today and it appeared it would be as simple as clicking on the link. What really happened is it just opened YouTube TV on my computer/Phone. What you have to do since they sent a bum link is click on your profile picture and then click on settings. Look over to the left bottom and you will see “Promo Codes”. Click on it and enter the promo code from T-Mobile and you will be good for another year, no cancellation needed. T-Mobile should not have sent the link if it wasn’t going to get you to the right place and enter the code for you. They should have sent the code and instructions on how to use it.

The real solution is: DO NOT click the link that T-Mobile texts to you on your phone. Email the link to your self and open it on a computer. 

Then go to: Account » Settings » Billing and the option to enter a promo code is right there. 

Enter it and click through.

Its actually very simple and easy if T-Mobile would just let people know how to do it. The lack of support or instruction on their part is utterly baffling!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Short answer: You can’t.

Per the FAQs on the promo information page:

I tried to redeem my code and it signed me in to my existing account. Are current YouTube TV subscribers eligible?

Existing YouTube TV customer are eligible. You will need to cancel your current subscription, in order to re-sign up and apply your coupon code for the discount”

So I got the text with the link and it showed a code. I took the promo code and put it in YTTV and it said invalid code. Crazy part is about two months ago I expired and did the promo then and it showed I was back in the promo so for two months I’ve been getting the promotion. Not sure what to think. BTW if any of you have a credit card rewards mine has 20.00 off on YTTV a month for three months.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@BayGuy2021 Thanks for supplying the step-by-step details. That’s exactly what I had to do. It was indeed a hassle having to cancel the service and re-signup.  I’m with you--the Netflix switchover was easy-peasy! And unlike the Paramount+ plan, where you have to stay with the standard, ad-based service to get the deal, I have an upgraded service from Netflix, and it just discounts my fee by the $8.99 T-Mobile pays for the standard service. 

Not true, you DO NOT have to cancel and restart. I got the link texted to me today and it appeared it would be as simple as clicking on the link. What really happened is it just opened YouTube TV on my computer/Phone. What you have to do since they sent a bum link is click on your profile picture and then click on settings. Look over to the left bottom and you will see “Promo Codes”. Click on it and enter the promo code from T-Mobile and you will be good for another year, no cancellation needed. T-Mobile should not have sent the link if it wasn’t going to get you to the right place and enter the code for you. They should have sent the code and instructions on how to use it.

Thank you for this. Got the YouTubeTV promotion via email a week ago and have been trying to figure out how to apply it to my current account. Their links are useless; I click on “Existing YouTube TV subscriber? Redeem Here” and it just opens up YouTube TV with no indication how to redeem the promo.

Short answer: You can’t.

Per the FAQs on the promo information page:

I tried to redeem my code and it signed me in to my existing account. Are current YouTube TV subscribers eligible?

Existing YouTube TV customer are eligible. You will need to cancel your current subscription, in order to re-sign up and apply your coupon code for the discount”

It is not very easy. I called Customer Care and got a bad link and instructions to use a new user ID - WRONG

Thanks to the community I did get it done:

• Apply for Promo code and a few days later I found the promotion in my account. I did NOT get a text. In fact, I did that almost over three weeks ago.
  • A day before my subscription was to renew - I cancelled. I waited until when I went to YouTube TV, my TV programs were locked looking for enrollment in plan.
  • Went to my T-mobile account to follow the link to redeem offer. It took me to a T-Mobile / Youtube TV page. Key here is that it auto populated the promo code. (As an aside - customer care sent me a similar link via a text message - but that promo code did not work)
  • Signed up - now have the $10 promo discount and ALL my programs and recordings were available since I used the SAME user-id to re-enroll in YouTube TV.
  • They should take a hint from the Netflix promo where I had to do nothing but enroll in the promo and the discount was applied to my existing Netflix user with no need for me to do anything.  

@rockstr @BayGuy2021 When you say, “I found the promotion in my account.” Does that mean your T-Mobile account or your Google account? Do you know how long it took for the promotion to appear and where did you find the code?

I’m just starting the process and I’m using your direction as my guide. It is not clear to me.

Thanks!

The real solution is: DO NOT click the link that T-Mobile texts to you on your phone. Email the link to your self and open it on a computer. 

Then go to: Account » Settings » Billing and the option to enter a promo code is right there. 

Enter it and click through.

Its actually very simple and easy if T-Mobile would just let people know how to do it. The lack of support or instruction on their part is utterly baffling!

This is the correct answer. Copy the promo code you receive from T-mobile and paste it in promo code field in YouTube TV: Account → Settings → Billing. You will get confirmation that it applied and will start with your next billing cycle.

I am a sprint/tmobile number and i go thru the tv link enter my tn and i get a 500 error  call support 

T-Mobile Promotions